Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is toward people who are from new york city,

Last night I left my car in a parking space which requires cars to back-in only and without reading the sign, i left it head in. My fault, I deserve a ticket....but not 2! By reading the signatures of the cops on the traffic tickets, it was 2 different cops who gave me two different tickets for the same violation......anyone from nyc know if this is allowed? should I dispute it? one is for $60 one is for $95... i was so pissed off.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
they must be two different violations...

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
flexdc5.. i believe he is in the academy..

but from what i understand.. you can not receive two ticket for the same violation. I believe there is a time frame to it.. i mean if you were there for a few hours.. then i think you can fight it.. if you were there for like a week.. then its another story

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flexdc5.. i believe he is in the academy..

but from what i understand.. you can not receive two ticket for the same violation. I believe there is a time frame to it.. i mean if you were there for a few hours.. then i think you can fight it.. if you were there for like a week.. then its another story
lol, i was there for 26 minutes!

and flex wasnt found as a user.

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
thats technically double jeopardy and violates ur constitutional rights.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
i dont think its the same ticket 2 different times. As stated both tickets are charged with different amounts so they both cant be the same.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
the reason for this is the parking tickets which show the time left..(the ones u purchase in the meters) Every car parked the same way makes it easier for traffic police to read the time in the tickets in 1 single file instead of having to go each cars dashboard...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts