Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Anyone got a step by step guide with pictures on how to remove the radiator

6761 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  RaiderHawk
i am replacing the radiator and thermostat on my 2005 acura rsx (base)
and man it is a F****** hassle makes me wan to :rest

Some unknown parts came loose and fell on the floor just wanting to make sure i put them back on right

also when i took off the bumper there was this big styrofoam like thing inside what is it???

Greatly Appreciated
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Some unknown parts came loose and fell on the floor just wanting to make sure i put them back on right
how about you post a picture of the parts and i'll tell you where they go
i am replacing the radiator and thermostat on my 2005 acura rsx (base)
and man it is a F****** hassle makes me wan to :rest

also when i took off the bumper there was this big styrofoam like thing inside what is it???

Greatly Appreciated
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: thats your bumper support bro
It’s not that bad... just take your time and label your bolts so you remember where they’re from. Did you download the service manual before you started taking shit apart?
If I remember correctly:

1. fully drain coolant using the bottom valve
2. unbolt 2 top mounting bolts (10mm each)
3. disconnect both fan connectors
4. might have to remove fans before hand (forgot)
5. disconnect large top hose
6. disconnect large bottom hose
7. carefully pull out old radiator

It's way easier with the condenser out. A little tip, when removing bolts, screw them back into place after removing the part so that the bolts don't get lost or misplaced. Last thing you want to do is mix up your bolts and use a small one where a large one should go.
See less See more
Thanks for the Help Guys But i Just put the Car up for Sale

Me and a Cousin tried and we fucked it up by simply not having a connection on and we can't risk running it without whatever this connector that is left behind unconnected plus i think it is a bad omen of more problems and whoever owned the car last had used the GREEN Coolant. So its time i part way with this potential problem producing car
I now have it on Craigslist. I can't get to $$$ deep into it gonna have to find another Commuter and Be very very Cautious.

Thanks everyone for your answers and comments i will miss y'all.
Me and a Cousin tried and we fucked it up by simply not having a connection on and we can't risk running it without whatever this connector that is left behind unconnected plus i think it is a bad omen of more problems and whoever owned the car last had used the GREEN Coolant. So its time i part way with this potential problem producing car
I now have it on Craigslist. I can't get to $$$ deep into it gonna have to find another Commuter and Be very very Cautious.

Thanks everyone for your answers and comments i will miss y'all.
hey look, its your car
https://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-fe-2005-acura-rsx-base-firm/6805709691.html
That's no reason to sell it. I just did my radiator and it only took 2 hours. I was ready to buy your car and sell it for profit...
I use green coolant, it had green coolant in it when I bought it. Why not?
If you post a pic of what you are stuck on, someone can help you. There is not much to the radiator. Just a pain to get everything unplugged. Download the RSX shop manual, it lists every step in order.
The best way to find out anything about fixing your RSX is to Google your question. It will give you a YouTube link of a video showing step by step guide how to do it. I have used this many times to make repairs to my RSX.
Yeah it is for sale $2000 CASH FIRM

I am gonna take it as i got a bad OMEN on this car so yeah if anybody is interested let me know. I just hate working on cars when i was in my Teens,early 20's i didn't mind but now :firemad:

Hell i am even throwing in The NEW Radiator $100 i just bought and two Gallons of the Type 2 Coolant $40 i got from an Acura Dealership.

To me it's just not worth putting in more $$$ and time for me who know's with the luck that i have on keeping this car.

yes it is a used car i know, my loss is your gain.
I also removed my radiator and was set to replace it with a new one from Advance Auto. BUT, one of the bolts that holds the reservoir to the fan was badly rusted. I tried to remove it and it broke the fan. That did it. I decided right then and there that it was time to let my beloved RSX go. I have a few other issues and I just don't want to pump more money into it. It served me very well but it is time for it and me to part ways. Sniff...Sniff.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.