Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up just thought we could share some of our speeding ticket stories. Besides my two red-light camera tickets I only have one speeding ticket. I was going 61 in a 40 zone, not even in gear just coasting down the hill. I was so out of it and the next thing i know I owed 124 bucks to the Albuquerque Police Department. The cop did knock off 1 mile so it said i was only doing 60, but it was still way gay.

My better story happened today. I was on my way to work, and the speed limit was 60. The street is a limited-access road with pretty heavy traffic at times, and its right in the city. I got going a good 100 and was pushing 120 before I had to turn off onto a side street. Next thing I know a Sheriff (or some high ranking official) in his Ford pick-up is flashing his light behind me. It was one of those semi-undercover trucks, so it had the red and blue lights built into the grill. I pulled over and thought how fucked I am, expecting my insurance to be going through the roof. He gets out asks for registration and shit. I told him I was late to work (bullshit) and that I was sorry. Did not think that would work. He tells me that I was flying and that he couldn't even keep up with me, he said that he knew I was pushing 100. I was not about to tell him that it was closer to 120, just kinda laughed inside. He handed back my paperwork and just told me to slow down, said he didn't feel like writing me a ticket right then and there. I couldn't fucking believe it! I was doing double the speed limit and the cop tells me to have a nice day! Damn I felt good, like I just got away with murder or something.

Anyway, those are my two speeding ticket stories. I'll post more as they come, but I hope I won't have any for a while...looking forward to hearing yours.

:vtec:

·
Coming soon!
1,498 Posts
I dont have a story but a list! A ticket is a ticket no matter what you were doing or thingk you werent doing!!

1st= Unsafe Left Hand turn losing traction causing westbound traffic to stop!
2nd= Loud music heard and felt over 50ft away bass ticket (ur only allowed 25 ft by law)
3rd= 95+mph crossing carpool lane twice
4th=55mph in a 35
5th 42mph in a 40 (ya i know tell me about it what a dick)
6th= 60mph in a 50
7th=illegal u turn!
8th=illegal racing (went to court 40 mph in a 35 was what was given to me there)

so thats it and i still have a licens and im only 20 =)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I dont have a story but a list! A ticket is a ticket no matter what you were doing or thingk you werent doing!!

2nd= Loud music heard and felt over 50ft away bass ticket (ur only allowed 25 ft by law)
4th=55mph in a 35
6th= 60mph in a 50
7th=illegal u turn!
8th=illegal racing (went to court 40 mph in a 35 was what was given to me there)

....how? lol

·
Team Drastic
1,912 Posts
The few that I can remember are pretty good memories.

First night I got my old 93 si hatch. I let my best friend drive it and he decided to smash down a street in downtown Manteca. The cop pulls us over my friend lies and tell the cop his foot got stuck on the gas (lol) Cops gives us some shit, turns out the girl I was seeing at the time that was her neighbor and he recognized her (dunno if that had anything to do with the outcome). But the cop was cool and let us off and just said "If you want to do that shit take it to a country road.

Second story was me driving, it was the same 93 hatch. It was a Friday night and I was smashing out from work and grabbed 2nd and a cop saw me, pulled me over and I told him "I had to go to the bathroom, he then asked "why didn't you go at work" I replied "I had a phobia of public toilets and literally could not go". So he check my license registration and come back and hands them to me and said "Alright I want you to do two things slow it down and go home and take your shit" lol That one had be laughing.

Third was the same night as the 2nd my dumb ass fault, I was going 63 in a 55 on my way to Modesto and another Tracy cop pulled me over, didn't want to hear the excuses just wrote me up no questions asked. He was one of those old cops who are just dicks and act like they were never young.

Forth story. I was out in Pleasnton at some girls house me and my friend met off Myspace lol. So we smash out there going at least 110+ in my old 96 civic get there no problems, we stay out there til about 4am and then I get this nasty call from my mom (I was barely 17 at the time) "Where the hell are you?" I told here where I was and she was pissed she replied "I don't care what you have to do get your ass home right now or I am taking your keys" So we finish out thing with the girls and by this time its like 4:45 so we are the only ones on the freeway going to Tracy so I am hitting at least 120, I get pulled over. I stupidly lied to the cop and said I was doing 85 he leave with a disappointed tone. He come back with a ticket and tells me "You know earlier tonight I pulled over a young girl around your age for going 90 and she told me the truth and I just sent her home, if you had just been straight forward with me I would of done the same for you." After that I never lied to a cop again.

Which brings me to my Fifth story:
I had just finished my suspension in my RSX and decided what the hell I want to see how it launches now, I end up flying past a cop and I'm going 95ish on a country road no one is ever on. I told him I was in a hyper mood because my gf got my all wired up because she got into a college she had been trying to get into for a while. So he leaves with my license and registration. Comes back and said I am going to let you off with a warning just don't do that shit out here again too many kids die out here doing that shit and I don't want to see you become one of them. He was a pretty cool cop.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ive been pulled over 2 times once for speeding once because pike pass didnt work. Ont he pike pass one cop took the pass and came back after he checked to see that money was on it told me sorry and off i went. he didnt even ask for anything else.

The One for speeding was on the way back from Oklahoma D-day which is the biggest paintball game in the world. Its a reenactment of D-day as you may have guessed. So i get pulled over on a turnpike right out side the town the games held in. For going 78 in a 75 and the cop says " you were going 78 in and 85" i said nothing because i figure that the smart thing to do not point out that he is wrong. He said ware are you going. I told him im headed home from Oklahoma d-day he goes whats that. I said the biggest paintball game in the world. He had no idea.. People come from all over the world to play in the game and this guy live 5 miles from it and has no idea about it. Its a week long event so its a pretty big deal. I was driving a rental car my mom rented it and let me drive it i was 17 at the time so i wasnt allowed to drive it but she had marked my name down on the brochure and the company marked it out upon hearing i was 17 the cop payed no attention to the line through my name and let me off with a warning.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
This one is pretty good

So this was a few years ago, driving in my friends 2004 dodge dakota r/t (nice truck had a lot of work done to it) we were coming home from watching some races it was late and well we were going pretty fast doing 110 in a 55. We get pulled over the cop was all in our faces then he looked at the truck and started asking questions about what was done. long story short my friend had shaved door handles with the pop out doors the cop was so amazed by it he came back not with a ticket or summons but said," nice truck....get the fuck out of here" lol

·
Registered
650 Posts

4th=55mph in a 35
6th= 60mph in a 50
7th=illegal u turn!

you should invest in a radar detector...valentine one maybe?

·
Ahh Wut dee Shyyt!
1,177 Posts
got pulled over in a company truck going 71 in a 70. I told him well how excatly would i know how fast im going if i dont have a digital gauge instead of an needle that can mean im going 68-72 on my speedometer since the needle covers up that space? well i cant really bitch since the company paid for it and its not on my record:thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I got a good story.
Going 10 over in a 45 at around midnight, cop pulls up to the left of me (I'm just cruising with my windows down listening to the doors). I stop at a stoplight and the cop rolls up next to me and says "I love the doors! If you were listening to rap I would have had to pull you over", talks with me for a second.
Cruised with him about 5 over for like 5-6 stoplights. Up ahead at the next light I see a set of headlights pull up going to turn right. Car doesn't signal, and right as we get close it pulls out in front of me forcing me to slam on the brakes. The cop immediately flashes its siren and pulls it over, waving at me as I pass. Gotta love nice cops.

TL;DR Cop didn't care about 10 over, pulled over other car who cut me off and waved at me.

·
eprimpk4l
941 Posts
this happened to me about a week ago, coming home from the movies me and my friend were in our on cars, same road. we were both doing about 45 in 35 and im looking in my rear view and about 1/2 mile back i see a back a car switching lanes catching up it looked like a cop so i slow down and my friend continued to go because he was ahead of me.

sure enough my friend makes a right turn on red without a full stop and at this point the cop is directly behind me, i make a full stop and use my turning signal. he passes me and pulls my friend over, writes my friend 2 tickets one for 46 in 35 and not a full stop.

another time i completely blew a stop sign, and i saw a car in the distant way back, it was pitch black (that road had no street lights) ended up being a cop and she pulled me over. she let me off with a warning. i though i was def gonna get a ticket because i was in a area where the cops pull u over if you doing 2 mph over the limit. plus it was past my driving curfew.

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
I got pulled over taking my GF home around 1AM right before newyears.. Had heater blasting and music on and my contacts were dry as hell. Cop came out of nowhere after I rolled a stop sign on a deserted residential road.

Said I rolled the stop and was "weaving." Gave me a sobriety test (I was sober, obviously), then looked at my license and tried to tell me I was out past curfew. After I pointed out that I was 18 and had my license for over a year therefore was not restricted to any curfew he let me go with a warning. Freaked my GF out tho! lol

·
Brevit : the soul of wit
9,422 Posts
wow how are you guys getting sooo many breaks ahahha

i call bs

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
I was doing maybe 35 in a 30 while in first gear, in v-tak, honking the horn like a mad man. Cop must of been parked cuz he came of nowhere. He let me off cuz he saw my military id. Now that I think about it... it was probably more like a 15mph zone. Gonna have to get back on that.

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
Didn't get a ticket, but the story is pretty good..........

15 yrs ago I had a turbo 300ZX, as I was going north on a main street I saw a pretty hot girl headed south in a car like the one my wife (GF at that time) was driving. Since I was just cruising around I decided to turn around & catch up to her. So I bust a U-Turn & gun it.

Up at around 70 MPH I see a cop comming out of a side street, he comes after me. I pull into the middle turn lane & he gets behind me with his lights, We were on a real busy street so I point to the side street I was turning onto, telling him I'm gonna pull over there, I'm not gonna run on you. I pull over litteraly 1.5 blocks from my house, I could see it from where I stopped.

Well, when I pull over he says over the loud speaker "Take out you Drivers license, Registration, proof of insurance & you pilots license" I though "oh, shit. This guys gonna be a dick"

He comes over to my car checks me license & ask me how many tickets I have. I say none. He say "Oh, so they haven't caught you yet"

To which I respond, "No sir. I usually don't haul ass like that, but I thought I saw my GF going the other way & I turned around to see if I could catch her"

He thinks for a minute & then says "Got a picture of her?" Thankfully my wife (then GF) had just given me a picture she had of her at the beach in a bikini. HE looks at it for a few seconds & says "OK yeah, I'd do 70 to catch her" & hands me all my info back & lets me go.

I thanked him & told him I wish all cops were as cool as him.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓&
13,945 Posts
holy shit you guys are writing novels

cliffs:

- you guys are writing novels

1 - 20 of 74 Posts