Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
quick question

Anyone have any engine/drivetrain problems using a 50 to 75 shot?
I've read the sticky but want to know if anyone has experienced problems using a 50 - 75 shot.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. I'm thinking about a 65 shot but I'm still a little weary about nitrous altogether. I'm gonna stay mostly stock but want an extra kick now and then. I would get the window switch and to keep it extra safe. I am really all about the "sleeper."

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now that is exactly what I'm looking to do. Does your temperature rise at all while squeezing? My last car had some temp problems when run hard. I didn't have nitrous, but I had some good engine mods.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
it does, hense the 15 second rule..... after 15 seconds, stuff starts gettin hot.......reeeaaaaaaall hot.

i mean the only indication i'd give away is my pillar pod, and most people deem those as a "ricer-accessory" :rolleyes:

125 on stock plugs has and as far as i know, continues to be done. Anything under 100, you really don't need anything major. Anything more, and i'll ask "why the hell did you go the n2o route :D"

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
By temp, if you mean the gauge on the left, then no that doesnt shoot up after a couple runs while squeezing... but since its nitrous of course the engine is gonna be hot as a sumbitch after a couple runs.

I actually am about to start paying the engine's bottom end a little bit more attention.

My Last performance mods will consist of this:

S2000 Valves/Springs
Pistons/Rods
Have some sleevework done
ITR Intake maifold (ported & Polished)
Spoon Throttle Body port matched with the IM
Hondata with the n2o flash :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Jackson Race Header

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Any word on when Hondata will release the nitrous flash? :thumbsup: I wanted to go that route but didn't because of the possible detonation issue if I used nitrous.

Randeezle said:
By temp, if you mean the gauge on the left, then no that doesnt shoot up after a couple runs while squeezing... but since its nitrous of course the engine is gonna be hot as a sumbitch after a couple runs.

I actually am about to start paying the engine's bottom end a little bit more attention.

My Last performance mods will consist of this:

S2000 Valves/Springs
Pistons/Rods
Have some sleevework done
ITR Intake maifold (ported & Polished)
Spoon Throttle Body port matched with the IM
Hondata with the n2o flash :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Jackson Race Header

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So would a lower temp thermostat help keep the engine cooler? Or would that just keep the running temperature lower? I wouldn't be squeezing longer than 15 second anyway (hopefully I wouldn't) :nervous: Just curious mainly.

WarmPepsi said:
it does, hense the 15 second rule..... after 15 seconds, stuff starts gettin hot.......reeeaaaaaaall hot.

i mean the only indication i'd give away is my pillar pod, and most people deem those as a "ricer-accessory" :rolleyes:

125 on stock plugs has and as far as i know, continues to be done. Anything under 100, you really don't need anything major. Anything more, and i'll ask "why the hell did you go the n2o route :D"

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
see, you all are taking it like it's a nitrous only flash.

the way i understand it, it simply allows you to run hondata-4, while not spraying.

i mean, it's got a ton of other things to go with it, but you get the idea.

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
So... what it does is allows you enjoy the benefits of a hondatafied car, and when you're spraying it retards the timing and adds more fuel?

If there is some kind of thread you know of that explains exactly what the new flash does, please post it so we can all get egimucated.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
but you can't spray with the current reflashes.

but when you engage the nitrous ( which the programmable one will run a dry kit) then you can retard the timing back to normal, and spray. You're not able to do that right now. If you have hondata reflashes, you're not spraying right now. (unless you're using a progressive kit with some big balls )

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
The programmable Hondata has a built in window switch and everything and you can program boost into it. That thing is gonna be sick.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
dupontrsx said:
The programmable Hondata has a built in window switch and everything and you can program boost into it. That thing is gonna be sick.
Built in window switch for what itself or nitrous?
Where did you hear this from?

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts