Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if anyone had any sound clips of the comptech race header in action. Heard it's loud. I'd just like to hear her with mine own ears ;) Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
I know edo did, look for his posts. I heard a clip, not in person, it included the Greddy EVO and DC5R cams.

It was, honestly, awesome. It sounded like a race bike, it sounded mean, and it was a unique small engine kind of noise that any V8 rumble fan would appreciate. I would love to hear more with different exhausts, and stock cams. And Toda cams! Todas and a race header... that must sound insane.

·
always bet on black
2,628 Posts
We should be getting the comptech RH in a few days. I'll take a video of it inside and outside of the cabin with the stock exhaust. Then I'll be doing the same with a custom 2.5" exhaust. Dyno's will also be taken during both setups...just need help hosting them if possible...

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
DallasTypeS said:
We should be getting the comptech RH in a few days. I'll take a video of it inside and outside of the cabin with the stock exhaust. Then I'll be doing the same with a custom 2.5" exhaust. Dyno's will also be taken during both setups...just need help hosting them if possible...
The more of your posts I read, the more I like you, even with your shameless use of personal pictures. :laughing:

"we" includes the sassy woman in your sig?

Okay, so you're going to connect the RH to a stock exhaust? Cool to try out. And then a custom exhaust? Will that custom exhaust include the stock muffler? I hope so.. that's exactly the way I want to go. Somone did a dyno with and without the stock muffler and only saw 0.4 horse gain without it at WOT.

Wow, I'm excited to see this coming post. I think crsx will host it, now with this upgrade. Don't we now have a 10 meg upload limit?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
integratypeS said:
Just checking to see if anyone had any sound clips of the comptech race header in action. Heard it's loud. I'd just like to hear her with mine own ears ;) Thanks :thumbsup:
It's honestly not that loud. Heres a video of an rsx with the comptech race, custom exhaust with an N1 turbo muffler.
13 second rsx

Also if you download my video in my sig, I have two seens of me racing the same rsx. At that point I was running with a stock exhaust, so what you hear is coming from the other rsx.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Apex, your videos are windows specific, and that link looks like it links to a .exe. file. Sucks for me, I work with unix 24/7 and mplayer under linux can display everything but an exe. Too bad, there's tons of free software, including moviemaker from MS that would let you convert those videos to .wmv... if you cared about letting any linux or mac people see them.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
The video I posted is in "realone player", and the one in my sig is window media player.

Ill convert them if you tell me how.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The "reuben" file is:

Audio codec: Windows Media Audio 9 64 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR
Video codec: Windows Media Video V7

Just rename it to .wmv and it will work.

·
always bet on black
2,628 Posts
we likes you too benca, my precious... :p we likes sassy woman too, my love.:laughing:

shameless use of personal pictures? how so f00? lol

Someone has to pick up the slack since edo left...I'm just doing my part. So far I have dynoed and posted baseline runs, the Hondata IMG, AEM V2, and Comptech Icebox results. Now for the Comptech Race Header, exhaust, and probably late march to mid april, the the Hondata K-Pro.

Tentative schedule once we get it:
10:30a- 1 pull with car in current state of tune. The Hondata IMG was added since the last dyno, so we will see if it gained anything when paired with the V2, or if it actually does nothing which some ppls have been complaining about.
1:00p-1 pull with race header paired with the stock exhaust

4:00p-1 pull with race header paired with custom 2.5" exhaust

The custom exhaust will be a comptech resonator removed from a catback exhaust setup, a universal muffler(TBD), and the straightest 2.5" SS piping money can buy. Sorry brotha benca, no stock muffler. :p The piping on the resonator is 2.5", and the inlet with the muffler will be 2.5". As you can see, im trying to keep it 2.5", all the way through. Hopefully we can get this all done for under $250. Anything more, and the price tag doesn't justify the gains...why people spend so much money on that crap :dontknow:

I see you can now post videos...bueno, will do. Benca, you are quite the enigma. I wish while I was in SF/Saulcalito(sp?) last August, I would have known you. I woulda bought you a beer and tried to make out all your political mumbo jumbo in your sig lol (Oh, and I was with my gf, so don't worry. If I lived in the bay area, and a guy said they wanted to buy me a beer, I would naturally be wary).

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
DallasTypeS said:
we likes you too benca, my precious... :p we likes sassy woman too, my love.:laughing:
:laughing: Ah, you're medicated!

Someone has to pick up the slack since edo left...
Left? He was thrown out. There's a rather big difference here. I would much rather leave a party then be thrown out.

The custom exhaust will be a comptech resonator removed from a catback exhaust setup, a universal muffler(TBD), and the straightest 2.5" SS piping money can buy. Sorry brotha benca, no stock muffler. :p The piping on the resonator is 2.5", and the inlet with the muffler will be 2.5". As you can see, im trying to keep it 2.5", all the way through. Hopefully we can get this all done for under $250. Anything more, and the price tag doesn't justify the gains...why people spend so much money on that crap :dontknow:
Outstanding. Excellent points. :beerchug:

...Benca, you are quite the enigma. I wish while I was in SF/Saulcalito(sp?) last August, I would have known you. I woulda bought you a beer and tried to make out all your political mumbo jumbo in your sig lol (Oh, and I was with my gf, so don't worry. If I lived in the bay area, and a guy said they wanted to buy me a beer, I would naturally be wary).
Ah, oh well. All the cool guys bail this overrated shit hole. Between the rent, cost of living and pretentious self-important asswipes, I'm out of here as soon as possible myself. I love parts of it, like hanging out in Sausalito, walking san fran, eating GREAT food, and driving highway 1. (which you gotta miss). But man.

It would have taken you a few beers to be even feign interest in my political soapboxing...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the posts guys. Sounds like jesus... :thumbsup: Thinking i may just go with the greddy turbo instead. I was contemplating n/a or turbo.. guess i still am. But... :dontknow:

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
dang, that rsx whooped on the s2000. that was nice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
leechiro, amen.. i use to have the bc2 kit on my satin silver type s. :thumbsup: Not that it matters but hey.. it's cool. Looks good :)

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
integratypeS said:
leechiro, amen.. i use to have the bc2 kit on my satin silver type s. :thumbsup: Not that it matters but hey.. it's cool. Looks good :)
yeah? howd you like it on the SS? i think it looks great on black. i still think this is the best kit out there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I LOVED it on silver.. I'm sure it looks awesome on black as well. As well as blue... Anywho, i'd agree with you on thinking that it's the best kit out. That or ings. However, i changed my look to a lip kit. The cf front lip is different too, i like that :thumbsup: Do you scrape your kit often? I had my GC's dropped the whole way and it was on the ground... I just had fun with it. haha

·
always bet on black
2,628 Posts
comptech race header and caspers 02 sim will get here on saturday....friday we will be ordering the axleback exhaust...woot woot

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
yeah i do scrape often. i have to take inclines and declines real slow and angled. oh well, its worth it i say! good luck with your lip look. im sure its tight too if you had to leave the BC2 for it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to post a pic of my car when the bc2 kit was on.. dunno how, i scanned the photos but now i'm lost.... hmm :dontknow:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There i included a pic as an attachment

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts