Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have retrofit projector setup in the likes http://www.hidtech.com/ ?
if yes, how much was it? and how is the quality and light output (intensity + cut-off line)?
also, I am expecting my xd h1 6000k next week, do you think i can still use the xd kit with retrofit projectors? Thanks for helping this newbie...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Wow those look really nice....

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
did you say that you found projectors that are sold to fit the H1 HID bulb? i have a H1 bulb HID kit and dont want to send them into a place to get them retrofitted. i just want to buy a set of JDMstyle projector housings that already fit the H1s. right now they all fit H3s only

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Leechiro said:
did you say that you found projectors that are sold to fit the H1 HID bulb? i have a H1 bulb HID kit and dont want to send them into a place to get them retrofitted. i just want to buy a set of JDMstyle projector housings that already fit the H1s. right now they all fit H3s only
i agree with you...i also have h1 hids and i rather have the retrofitted projectors then the genesis one which use h3s

·
Registered
365 Posts
those are BMW Hella Bi-Xenon projectors(uses D2S bulb)...if you send your headlights to them...they'll charge you around $300 for parts (OEM BMW, Mercedes, or Audi projectors, Ballasts, and Bulbs) and $300 for labors with shipping...overall costs will run you around $700...I'm currently doing a retrofit for my headlights with the Audi TT OEM setup...I think i'll be modifing the shield to get that intense blue, purple cutoff...Anyhow, If you guys want to use your existing H1 kit...you would need to get projectors that uses H1...H1 projectors are really hard to come by...you can try the VW Beetle, they use H1 projectors but they're halogen projectors though...I still think the halogen projectors are still better than those that are being use by the genesis group...I hope this helps anyone who have questions about retrofitting projectors

Thanks
Khoa

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
so the VW beetle is the only car you know of that has an projector fitting compatible with H1 HID bulbs? so the H1 HID bulbs in a H1 compatible projector will look just as good as an H3 HId bulb in an H3 compatible (genesis or other rsx projectors) projector right?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Leechiro said:
so the VW beetle is the only car you know of that has an projector fitting compatible with H1 HID bulbs? so the H1 HID bulbs in a H1 compatible projector will look just as good as an H3 HId bulb in an H3 compatible (genesis or other rsx projectors) projector right?
yes to a certain degree...xenon projector's lenses are made specifically for hid setup so therefore they can produce more output(light on the ground) compare to a halogen ones... as far as VW beetle halogen projectors...i havent played around with them but i have seen people play around with the integra 94-97 halogen projectors and they produce very OEM looking lights...if you are really into colours, you can bend the shield just a little (1-2mm) toward the capsule...it will produces a thick blue band color...

Khoa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts