Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put mine in yesterday, and today they're already fogged up.
Its pretty cold outside ( bout 30 F) but its FL so it doesnt snow or anything like that... but still... very cheap quality if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My driverside one fogged up too. If you're really worried you might wanna try putting extra sealant around them and making sure the rubber covers on the back of the bulbs are on tight.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
No fog yet. Aiming is a beotch. Will they replace them?

D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just emalied the guy that sold them to me.( Ebay)
and yes, I have noticed that the beam pattern is messed up! I'm going to try and adjust it. Does the headlight have to be off in order to adjust them?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
No, it doesn't have to be off...you can do it with a stubby screwdriver (if you can fit your hand back there), and I think with a socket wrench too (I can't remember what size socket...10mm or 12mm I think...)

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
The adjusters that are the farthest to the side of the car are tuff because its hard to get a socket back there. You will have to use a screw driver(long standard) to move the adjuster wheel. The adjuster wheel has little teeth (clips as most rsx owners call them) that you move with the screw driver. There is a little slot built into the plastic at these points so that your screw driver doesn't go all over the place. Be carefull not to whack these too hard or they will break. Who off of ebay did you buy from. The guy I bought from is great. One of the halo's was a slightly different color than the other 3 b/c the leds came from different lots (a guess) during manufacturing. He offered to exchange them at no extra cost to me and I only paid $300.00 including shipping to start off with. I already have the new set and just have to find time to install them again. This time when I install them I am going to try to adjust the lights while the bumper is off. It might make it easier to get into those tight spots so its easier to dial in the headlights. I don't usually give people free advertising but this guy went way out of his way to make sure that I got the highest quality product. When I emailed him on ebay he even offered up his phone number b/c I had so many concerns about buying them. I am glad that I bought them and I'm really glad that I bought them from him. I plan on doing another post on this after the new ones are in with pictures so that other rsx owners understand how easy these are to install, and maybe with an easier way to adjust the headlights.
Price Paid $307.00
UPS Groung with Tracking Info Included
Black or Chrome - I got Chrome

No fog here and its ass cold - 18deg

D

Oh, and you should really use silicone to seel up the rubber cap on the back of the lights or they will fall off - maybe that is why your lights are fogging up.

·
Pugzministrator
501,919 Posts
my halos are fine, aiming is perfect and my passanger side has only fogged up once and that was when it was about 5 deg outside last week. no complaints here....maybe its because i didn't buy them from ebay...dunno:thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
^ Good point! lmao. I'll most likely get mine on this site. Hopefully they're the newer updated ones.

·
No More Broken OEM Fogs
2,126 Posts
I did not buy mine off of Ebay although he had a set listed on ebay at the time. Go direct.

D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine from JDMSTUFF4U. He seems like a pretty good guy and has never not answered my emails, but te fact is that they fogged up.. could've been cause of the stupid plactic cover that does seem like loose... so as soon as they dry up, i'll try sealing them up.
Who has HID with them?? if so, which ones and how much were they? i'm in the market for some I guess.

·
NA ONLY
53 Posts
what about the one chris sells?? did anyone bought it from here and have problems with it?? cuz i am trying to get one just donno where to get.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts