Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading my 15" Kicker L7 in 6cuft ported box for something that might actually fit in my hatch. Guy offered me 60$ plus his 10w7 in the HO wedge for my sub and box.

I noticed the box STILL is massive, only fits slightly better (at least allows me to close the hatch with the hatch cover/shroud still on). Has anyone heard the 10w7 HO? Obviously I shouldn't expect the same SPL from it as my current set up, but then again I don't want to totally be let down either.

Really just looking for reviews if you guys have heard it.

·
Knockin' Bitches Over
79,532 Posts
w7 gets insanely loud and sounds good doing so, i would say go for it. you got nothing to lose but box space. just be sure to give the w7 at least 500-800rms and its gonna sound great.

kicker l7 subs are just spl based, no sq in there. the w7 is a sql sub.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I've owned a W7 in both sealed and ported enclosures. The W7 will sound incredibly loud ported and still deliver decent SQ.

·
12 Volt Installer
970 Posts
I've heard the 12" version, and it was impressive. It outperformed the 15" W3 it replaced.

Will it be louder than your 15" Kicker? No. But I bet it will sound a hell of a lot better, and it will still hammer. Do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts