Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here installed one before?
got a friend that will buy one and am trying to figure out how to put it on.....

surely, it will come with instructions...but just wondering if anyone here has done it yet?

no flames plz bout it being ricey or whatever

if you dont have anything nice to say, by all means keep it to yourself!

this is a message board, not a warzone

thanks

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
click my sig, and click on street glow underbody neons.

·
tie - coorz
1,245 Posts
install is pretty straightforward....mount the neons where u want them....run the wires....blah. i bought one about 2 years ago for like 50 bux cuz i got a deal....when i got my rsx i put it on.....and like a month later they started dimming and going out and whatnot....so i just took it off completely...i think its ricey when you can actually see the neons....but its a sure way to get looks from people

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
fyi - the tubes are subject to cracking where the black rubber is, and thus die. I have to change my tubes again for the 3rd time in the last 2 years.

·
Honda4Ever
7,580 Posts
I've had them, nothing but problems, not worth the money. I didn't drive with them on but even in parking lots with me out of the car and the engine off the cops found reason to bust my balls.

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts
street glow is a good brand i think.

my friend has cheap neons on his pick uo truck and it already burned out

·
Dudz
148 Posts
mine are plasmaglow. had em for almost a year and no problems at all. Fairly easy install...i had a little problem with getting the back bar installed. I don't drive with them on much, but its a great way of getting peoples attention in a parking lot or something. I think as long as you do a good job (can't see bars) its not all that ricey. Check out my cardomain site for pics.

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
give it time. After weathering, winters, salt, etc, you'll see those rubber ends crack open.

·
Dudz
148 Posts
eh. They don't use salt too much on the roads here in North Carolina... and i try not to drive my car much when there is salt. And my plasmaglow kit has a lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
408 Posts
install is just simple mounting, hope u wont care about the holes drilled under the car for install though.

i got streetglow LED, newest one out from them with three modes. mine are red and i drive with them on at night sometimes. never got pulled over when i passed by cops.

its a good thing to put on if u like to show, i can care less if people think im rice.

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
Varad is way overpriced though. You can get streetglow gold at thezeb.com (I bought them there twice, the 2nd to replace broken bulbs since it was so cheap) for $140. Replacement tubes are $30 each (Fr. / Rear) & $60 each (for the side), so it's a no brainer.

·
Banned
258 Posts
I got the plasmaglow color changing Kit,7 colors, 7 modes, fun stuff, and Yaa they are ricey, but damn do they grab attention :thumbsup: im telling you girls love'em too. :laughing: ANd the install was real easy, my only recommendation is, put the front neon in your bumper, or else, you're gonna be cracking it over and over. Sides are Usually fine, and back will never break. Just from my experiences though and i don't baby my RSX-S much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts