Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15352337398246121311117976339748_1535233759875.jpg I hate dumping oil on the subframe, so I order a Chinese relocation kit. Dont need an oil cooler because Im not racing. Wondering if there are any words of wisdom about a kit like this? Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
113 Posts
Words of wisdom? Quality is always questionable on "no name" parts. Personally I wouldn't run something like this just because oil gets on the subframe every oil change.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats cool. I respect your opinion. The red pieces are solid machined Aluminum with double gasket protection at the block. All of the hardware is also Aluminum which is going in the trash because I plan on using high temp, high pressure hoses and will be replacing the fittings with steel hose barb types and clamps. Plug off the turbo inlet outlet ports with new steel hardware also and I think it will be top quality. Relocate the filter side so it points the filter down, keep hose lengths short to keep oil capacity to about an additional quart or less. The idea is when I pull the drain plug I can just reach over and unscrew the filter too without all of the mess. I keep my engine bays as clean as possible so when something does get out of whack I can usually spot it pretty quickly. Thanks for the input.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. And of course we have already found a problem with the kit. The aluminum inlet/out hose ports seem to be threaded in an M16X1.0 thread pitch. There are no automotive type application, hose barb type connections in a 1.0 pitch but summit racing and several other locations do have a M16X1.5 thread pitch. I of course am getting in contact with the MFR to point out the error of their ways. Gotta smile!
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The four Hose Barb connections I want to use to replace the silver M16 X 1.5 X AN10 are M16 X 1.5 X 1/2". I have ordered four of them on ebay along with two M10 X 1.0 hex plugs to close off the turbo supply ports. I'll update this post as my project progresses. Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. Just a quick update. I got the hose barbs. Problem is the are 3/8" inside diameter instead of 1/2" that I wanted. Looks like to make this project work, I am just going to have to go with the A10 type fuel/oil lines and connections.
Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts