Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preventative Maintenance:

Car is knocking at full boost @ 9000rpm, using standard NGK spark plugs may be the culprit.

Going to switch to the BKR8EIX iridiums maybe.

----Is tuning necessary when changing spark plugs? It will be one step colder (currently I have "7s" heat temperature rating)

·
Gun For Hire
4,089 Posts
Preventative Maintenance:

Car is knocking at full boost @ 9000rpm, using standard NGK spark plugs may be the culprit.

Going to switch to the BKR8EIX iridiums maybe.

----Is tuning necessary when changing spark plugs? It will be one step colder (currently I have "7s" heat temperature rating)
If you are using the incorrect cold rating, you will have issues. Problem is, the colder you get, the faster they foul. In most cases it's not so much that you are tuning for the type of plug, you just have to make sure that you use new plugs during tune and replace them when they are fouled

·
Boost=Good
402 Posts
I put in new plugs then drove 30 miles the next day. Car ran great. I shut it off then a few minutes later go to restart. It would hardly start and wouldn't stay running. Tons of smoke. Re-flash the ECU (K-pro) and problem solved. Just thought I'd mention this in case it happens to anybody else. I have no idea what would have caused this. I did switch plugs (Denso to NGK), but they were comparable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts