Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think you should go to home depot and get some 2x4's :)

look for simplistic coffee tables and tray tables.

or....think like a car freak. get some 1" exhaust piping and have some muffler shop bend it. then drill some holes and put a bolt and nut on a wooden plank.
i def. have thought of that...

i just wish there was something i could buy and use as a starting point...

this fkin table costs $1,200...

no thx.

·
The Architect™
82,930 Posts
why not buy a sturdy sofa table (goes behind the table and sits about level with the top of the back, and then get something to sit on that.

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
can you not put a shelf on the back wall and place the projector on it?
i could. the downsides to that would primarily be

a.) cable management: With a table on it's side or the sketch that I drew up, you could install a plank on the down tubes and hide whatever wires behind it.

b.) aesthetics once again.
this projector is somewhat of a beast sizewise PLUS, it may have to installed upside down due to the offset of the projection image.

shelf is still an option but it would be nice if I could get the solution that i'm pursuing.

·
*OGRE TWITCH*
40,072 Posts
cable management can be done in different ways.

1) you can get in wall rated cables and run them through the drywall (this is what I did)

2) they sell plastic covers that stick on the wall that can be painted to make them hardly noticeable

·
Registered
356 Posts
oh btw - my wife does interior design so aesthetics is key.

i baaaarely got the OK from her to get a projector setup. now i just gotta make it aesthetically acceptable.
Make a stand out of beer cans or pizza boxes. When she says something about it remind her that she's the interior decorator, and you aren't. Then be prepared to sleep on the couch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These UBS cable storage clips are perfect. The quality of the material is superb, finely crafted with user ergonomics in mind. Very easy to install and a snug fit for the cable insures that the USB cable will be there when you need it most.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts