Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order one, and wanted to know your impressions on the header and the customer service. What kind of header did you get and are you happy with the gains. how is it compaired to a DCRH? thanks guys :thumbsup:

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump for an answer

·
Drew2JZGTE/K24A8
4,599 Posts
hardcore header??? :dontknow:

just get the DCRH for $450, if you want to spend $1200 get the Toda race header

also get esmm

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
shr1mpch1p said:
RH sounds really loud....i prefer a quiet daily driven car...
it depends on what setup you have..i'm running stock exhaust with DCRH and the loudness hardly changed after adding the rh with my aem V2.

I've heard the hardcore business is getting bad reputation because they somewhat screwed up someones car while it was there for 2-3 months. They didn't do a clean job with it and the owner is pissed off. But this is about their business not the header itself..

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=7262024#post7262024

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drewk20z1 said:
hardcore header??? :dontknow:

just get the DCRH for $450, if you want to spend $1200 get the Toda race header

also get esmm
I def dont want to spend 1200, thats why Im getting the hardcore header. It is 599. The reason that I want to get it is because they are supposed to be great tuners, and Im sure that they can tune even better when working with one of their products and a kpro.

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did they have any problems with the product or the company? also, has the guy with the S been dynoed?

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Check this and read about their customer service. Yes that thread is about Hardcore Automotive and I wouldn't buy something from a shop that works like that.

·
Monsters of the Midway
15,106 Posts
slow-s said:
I def dont want to spend 1200, thats why Im getting the hardcore header. It is 599. The reason that I want to get it is because they are supposed to be great tuners, and Im sure that they can tune even better when working with one of their products and a kpro.
:confused: :dontknow: , no they're not that great...........people have been sold a lie about them. Check out the thread the guy above me posted, they're a shady company and I'd doubt they would ever warranty their header if anything ever happened to it.

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ya, I have seen that thread, and while it is horrible, it was only one time, and I have heard nothing else negitive about them. I used to work at a performance shop, and when you got alot of cars going in and out there can be mistakes made. It is if you rectifie them that matters, and I am not sure if they did or not. They were very helpful with me though, and seemed very knowledgeable. Thats why I wanted to hear from people that have actually gone through them and not just from people who erad one negitive thread. thanks for all of your opinions though.

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
next week I am going to try to get a hold of hytech and see how much a header build would be through them

·
Monsters of the Midway
15,106 Posts
slow-s said:
next week I am going to try to get a hold of hytech and see how much a header build would be through them
Probably too much where you'd be better off getting teh TODA IMO

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that I am still going to go with the hardcore piece. I will not ever be leaving my car there, and the header looks very nice.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I'd get the DCRH or the Sturp RH because you don't know about HCA's fit and finish. Imagine buying something from them and it not fitting right, if you buy the RH from DC or Strup atleast you know it will bolt up right. HCA isn't proven, and they seem to be headed in the wrong direction. I'd stay away from that, but to each his own. Make sure you get a dyno of before and after with the HCA header and let us know how the install goes if you get it.

Good luck...

·
742whp/528ft.lb.tq @ 35#
3,982 Posts
does anyon ehave a picture of the hardcore header? curious to see how it looks like

·
boostin'!!
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so is noone running this header on this board?

·
Playground Legend
1,205 Posts
slow-s said:
so is noone running this header on this board?
I dont think so. I hasnt been around for very long and as you can see from what happened to taht guys car, I dont think anyone wants to be the guinea pig for this company. Search in this forum somewherea nd you will see the dyno's that HCA's put out for another car with the race header installed. I am happy with my DCRH right now. Good luck

·
A/F master
2,828 Posts
slow-s said:
I am getting ready to order one, and wanted to know your impressions on the header and the customer service. What kind of header did you get and are you happy with the gains. how is it compaired to a DCRH? thanks guys :thumbsup:
I will be in another day when it shows up at my door step

1 - 20 of 40 Posts