Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
eh eh eh, just asking

I would love to see a someone upgrade and dyno the N2's compared to their spec A #'s.

I know that toda had posted a dyno....but I just don't believe their #'s. Toda said that only the big lobes were revised, if that is the case then why does the dyno show a pretty large increase before vtec? (I need to look for the sheet)

Or if you haven't had the spec A's just a real N2 dyno would be nice.

Thanks, the local sKeptiK ;)

1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I found it.

The bottom line is a stock type S,
the next is a type S with bolt-ons,
the next is the toda spec A's,
and the top is the N2's.

Attachments

· Registered
2,811 Posts
eddie123 said:
Okay, I found it.

The bottom line is a stock type S,
the next is a type S with bolt-ons,
the next is the toda spec A's,
and the top is the N2's.

231.1 on the dynapack huh? Not bad.

· pete
42 Posts
schuessler28 said:
Where did you find that graph? If :laughing: that curve is legit, I'm in for a treat
This graph was from another thread. I actually had a copy of the Spec A plot saved before (the one on the toda site that is now replaced with the N2 plot). Another member on this forum (sorry cant remember who) merged the two plots together to form this graph.

1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the K20A that had the 254whp had a prototype racing header, intake, exhaust, hondata IMG and the K-pro.

· Chemical Soldier
617 Posts
knight_ryder00 said:
schuessler28 are you getting the toda flash or k-pro?
I am getting the toda N2 flash for now. The K-PRO upgrade will be soon.

swwifty said:
only problem with this now is, Hondata hit 254whp with a stock K20A (minus bolt ons, and K-Pro) on this same dyno.
They also used 93 octane. That probably equates to about 6-8whp and 4-5ft/lbs. Another thing you need to look at is that the Toda flash is a "one sizes fits all" flash whereas Hondata's car is tuned specifically to its mods.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
lanman2000 said:
254 whp with just I/H/E and hondata??!?!?! I call BS.
That was on a dynapack.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
schuessler28 said:
They also used 93 octane. That probabably equates to about 6-8whp and 4-5ft/lbs. Another thing you need to look at is that the Toda flash is a "one sizes fits all" flash whereas Hondata's car is tuned specifically to its mods.

raising the octane raiting by 2 points will not realize that much horsepower and torque.

· Chemical Soldier
617 Posts
lanman2000 said:
explain what you mean by that... is it not SAE corrected or something? i'm clueless :)
A dynapack measures horsepower and torque at the hubs(tires/rims removed) whereas the dynojet numbers are calculated at the wheels(using rollers). The dynapack numbers are higher because there is less drivetrain loss(it takes more energy to spin the tires and rims). I'd say a dynapack is more consistent because different tires/wheels/tire pressures/camber can alter the reading on a dynojet.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
schuessler28 said:
Present me with data that will prove otherwise. I have my data.
Can I see this data? I want to see what was tested and how.

A small change such as this will cause a net difference that is relative to the output. Obviously an engine that makes high horsepower (say 600hp) will see significantly higher changes than our cars.

With that being said, you can also say though, that Hondata had the ability to tune the vehicle to the higher octane. Six to eight horsepower is feasible when thinking of the fact that they can tune the car accordingly.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
schuessler28 said:
A dynapack measures horsepower and torque at the hubs(tires/rims removed) whereas the dynojet numbers are calculated at the wheels(using rollers). The dynapack numbers are higher because there is less drivetrain loss(it takes more energy to spin the tires and rims). I'd say a dynapack is more consistent because different tires/wheels/tire pressures/camber can alter the reading on a dynojet.
:thumbsup:

A dynapack of course is not reading what you are putting down to the ground, but it is showing a closer number to the actual horsepower output of the engine than a dynojet will show thanks to the lack of additional parasitic loss.

1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
swwifty said:
yeah, like I said bolt-ons.
My bad, I thought you meant that they weren't there when you said minus.

· Meow?
1,342 Posts
lanman2000 said:
254 whp with just I/H/E and hondata??!?!?! I call BS.
That's what happens when you drop big money on truly high quality bolt ons. If you poke around the net a bit you'll find dynos where a b18c5 has picked up double digits just off a Hytech or SMSP header.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.