Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besided the guy that got it for free and is advertising it? not that I doubt his integrity, but I would like to hear someone elses opinion.
I wanted to wait for the greddy exhuast, but I heard that its going to take around 4 to 5 months til they release the 2 3/4 for the RSX.
I want to know how good it looks, sounds and any performance gains with TURBO applications.
thanks
 

·
Old San Diego Member
Joined
·
4,063 Posts
ahh wdsonny my buddy it is a nice exhaust man i drove that thing and it showed impressive numbers on the power band. he was also going to go with greddy but thermal called him and asked for his car for R&D so he did it and man it was well worth it. best gains from exhaust i have ever seen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
Mine will be here on Friday the 13th(I hope) I will install it over the week-end and post pics and a review. I will be as unbiased as possible since I paid for mine(did I ever)

I don't think anyone else has it yet, I ordered it the day after it was released but I have to wait for it to go coast ot coast.
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
Even though I did get the system for free (two weeks without my car, is that free?) I am thoroughly impressed. When the car is cold and starting to warm up, it can get a little loud, but once the car is at normal temp idle everything is quite. I recommend you keep the silencer in unless you are dynoing or at the track. It is not so much loud but deep toned (loud). You can really hear the VTEC changeover at 4000RPM in conjunction with the JRSC.
 

·
K series tuning liberator
Joined
·
2,524 Posts
you have to remember that the sound of the exhaust WILL be different for the turboed RSX's. The turbo adds a very distinct sound of it's own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wdsonny said:
I am not "advertising" the new system. I am just giving my reviews and my opinion.
Excellent inputs!! now lets wait for the guy that paid for it to give us a review!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wdsonny said:
Even though I did get the system for free (two weeks without my car, is that free?) I am thoroughly impressed. When the car is cold and starting to warm up, it can get a little loud, but once the car is at normal temp idle everything is quite. I recommend you keep the silencer in unless you are dynoing or at the track. It is not so much loud but deep toned (loud). You can really hear the VTEC changeover at 4000RPM in conjunction with the JRSC.
how does it sound with the silencer on? cause I used to have a car that had a silincer and when that thing was on, it sounded like a lawn mower!
 

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
wdsonny has been here giving us ALOT of input as far as the JRSC goes. If you've been paying attn, he's prolly given us more input about the SC than anybody. I'm not leaving anyone out, like scottatyamaha and others, but I'll trust opinions.

I'm dissappointed that you have to leave the silencer in. I was hoping for a quieter exhaust. What header do you have with it? How's the car doing in general? What kind, if any, of quirks have worked into it?
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
The silencer does not make it sound ricey. If that is what you are worried about. Ask Deaconf19 about the silencer in/out sound. He heard it at the track with the silencer in and then on the dyno with silencer out. This is not your "typical" silencer design. When Steve gets it maybe he can put some pics up so you can see what I mean.
 

·
Old San Diego Member
Joined
·
4,063 Posts
i agree with the silencer in the sytem sounds nice even at high rpm's even my fireball is still louder than his exhaust. and the great thing is that you do not see the silencer it is set in the back so it still looks like a normal exhaust not one with a piece inside with a small hole like typical silencers.

for people getting or thinking about this exhaust if i was turbo i would go with it i never seen and exhaust provide a big gain like this one. and a 3in system is nice for the flow. also like sonny says i am not advertising i am just here to give my opinion other than sonnys on the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
I just got installed my JRSC and I need a new Exhaust. My magnaflow is too restrictive. Can someone post some pics of this exhaust. And also maybe a could place to buy it. Alos please confirm that this has 3 inch piping. thanks.

Marc
 

·
ASSISTANT MASTER MECHANIC
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
Steve Lloyd said:
Mine will be here on Friday the 13th(I hope) I will install it over the week-end and post pics and a review. I will be as unbiased as possible since I paid for mine(did I ever)

I don't think anyone else has it yet, I ordered it the day after it was released but I have to wait for it to go coast ot coast.

Steve Gimme a call when you get it... I'm thinking about getting it also... I'd like to check urs first though.. Pep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
here is the exhaust ... it looks the same as the CL and ST but there isn't a picture for the turbo model yet ... http://www.thermalrd.com/acura.htm
the exhaust looks like it would stick out past our bumpers ... i forget which exhaust does that that is out now but it doesn't look good ... no one has pictures except the guy who is putting it on this weekend? ... and i have heard good things about gains it produces but does anyone know any numbers? ... also what about emmissions and does the silencer hurt hp?
 

·
Old San Diego Member
Joined
·
4,063 Posts
emissions i do not know about. the exhaust does not stick out past the bumper. and gains we saw were around 12whp constantly on all 3 runs. the silencer does not hurt hp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Deaconf19 said:
emissions i do not know about. the exhaust does not stick out past the bumper. and gains we saw were around 12whp constantly on all 3 runs. the silencer does not hurt hp
Maybe on a SC it wont hurt it, but on a turbo cat it will.
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
The silencer on this system will only drop your HP about 4-5WHP. It is a very unrestrictive silencer. It's main purpose is to lower the sound level at high rpm. Steve will be the voucher for this. This system was built in SoCal so it complies with CARB. I am not sure if Thermal has released the EO number yet. Anyone getting this system and then looking at what Hondata just did with that 45shot of N2O. I would say this plus a high quality header and testpipe would send the chart to 350WHP easily.
 

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
DetadO said:
here is the exhaust ... it looks the same as the CL and ST but there isn't a picture for the turbo model yet ... http://www.thermalrd.com/acura.htm
the exhaust looks like it would stick out past our bumpers ... i forget which exhaust does that that is out now but it doesn't look good ... no one has pictures except the guy who is putting it on this weekend? ... and i have heard good things about gains it produces but does anyone know any numbers? ... also what about emmissions and does the silencer hurt hp?
It's the Mugen exhaust. And yeah, in the pics I saw it stuck pretty far out.
 

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Is there anywhere I can see dynos that show only a 4-5 hp diff with and w/o silencer?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top