Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Keep it Gully..
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I was looking at videos about this on the internet and it seemed too good to be true. I have a small ding just above the passenger rear fender.. it really irritates my eyes and im becoming desperate to try this "quick fix", anyways has anyone tried this? what were the results?

·
©© Just Enjoy This Shit
13,394 Posts
careful with the hair dryer u might mess up your paint.

·
Registered
272 Posts
makes sense though. havent seen it done but pretty cheap fix....what like 4-5 bucks for the compressed air and your mom or gf has a hair dryer so thats free. getting a dent out of your car and not fucking the the paint......priceless. for everything else theres a body shop.

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
just go with a paintless dent remover... most dealerships use these guys... they just put a long screwdriver like thing behind the pannel and massage the dent out with it...

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have seen it done on small dents with mixed results.
Really need to be careful of the amount of heat applied.
You can cave in a whole quarter, roof, trunk as well as blister your paint as brysx mentioned.

·
Registered
185 Posts
doesnt work with small dents..it works better for large push dents that have been slghtly pushed...small sharper dents you need not try cus it dont work

·
J to the ames
1,493 Posts
Ive tried it on dings and it never worked, as others said it will only work on certain large shallow dents. Go to a PDR if you really want it removed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ive tried the air duster stuff, dry ice, hair dryer, heat gun, etc etc methods with unsuccessful results time after time, but only on small door ding type dents.

·
Keep it Gully..
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i tried it yesterday on a small ding...and was unsuccessful. but i also bought a really small can of duster..didnt even have enough to try it a second time... maybe using more would of done something?:bsflag:
looks like im gonna have to look into paintless dent removal

1 - 20 of 27 Posts