Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to wire the tail lights so that when u turn on ur turn signal instead of the Amber/Red part flashing...the circles would flash...I'm no electronics expert heheh...but i think it wouldn't be that hard to do...just take the wire from the turn signal and aim it to the brake lights wire? I think it'd look good if someone did it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey I need a left taillight!!!

03RSX-S said:
Would it be possible to wire the tail lights so that when u turn on ur turn signal instead of the Amber/Red part flashing...the circles would flash...I'm no electronics expert heheh...but i think it wouldn't be that hard to do...just take the wire from the turn signal and aim it to the brake lights wire? I think it'd look good if someone did it

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah the only parts left from the car that I have is a stock exhuast and 2 tires.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
03RSX-S said:
it shouldnt be hard to do at all. you'll just have to find a way to make only 1 light do it b/c they 2 circles might be wired together...if not it will be very easy to do. i'm no electrical engineer but it seems that you would just have to rewire the one circle with the wiring from the turn signal..kinda just unplug the circle..and plug the wires from turn sig into the circle
i know its not that simple..but that should be the basic idea behind it

·
///M
5,299 Posts
hmm.. it doesnt seem that hard.. i have my sidemarkers and they're on all the time when the parking lights or headlights are on, and when i hit the blinkers they will blink also... i think u take the neg. wire from the sidemarker (in this case the tail light) and tap it to the positive wire of the blinker... ill double check though

·
Registered
318 Posts
yes this mod would be very tight xspecially if you had red vinyl over the amber, that way people cant tell its supposed to blink instead, they just get this corvette like blinkers in their eyes... good idea........:thumbsup:

·
Gotta Have More Cowbell
422 Posts
someone do it...i wanna know how it comes out!!

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it'll look pretty good lemme make an animation of what it might look like

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when u break it should work if u have like a breaker or something....maybe see how the wiring is on cars with red turnsignal/break light

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you aren't even gonna use the blinker light you could just put the light in the end brake circle and it would only light up when braking... Only thing is when braking you would only have the inner circles lighting up. I would go test this out and see if the lights are the same size but my car is at Acura right now, maybe someone can try this out. Not sure but it might acually look good.. And like 4orceFed-S said about the amber red outs.

·
Enginerd
1,067 Posts
Compilez said:
If you aren't even gonna use the blinker light you could just put the light in the end brake circle and it would only light up when breaking... Only thing is when breakig you would only have the inner circles lighting up. I would go test this out and see if the lights are the same size but my car is at Acura right now, maybe someone can try this out. Not sure but it might acually look good.. And like 4orceFed-S said about the amber red outs.
I haven't looked at the specs for our rear tailights, but if they are rated at different voltages, you won't be able to just switch the wires.

If they are the exact same bulb, then you can just move one of the current brake bulbs into the current turn signal housing. Then just splice the turn signal bulb and split it into the other brake bulb. The downside is you'll be drawing more current (twice as much) but I doubt this rise in current will really cause a noticable strain on the alternator. However, it may cause the blinkers to blink fast. I remember reading something about the blinkers blink fast whenever the relay senses an abnormal resistance (which will be the case when you connect both brake bulbs into one turn signal). Eh, it won't really hurt anything in the end, someone go for it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I should be able to try this out this coming week, and get some pics and review, since my car came with frickin gaytezza's from the kid that owned it before me, so i just bought some OEM ones from yeahi today, so should be in soon, ill let you guys know!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts