Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RSX is about 5mths old. I think it's about time to do some cleaning on my seats. Any sugesstions? Armor All wipes seems to be easy to do or should i buy a spray and wipe it w/ a cloth? :cool:

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
I suggest buying both a leather conditionor and a leather cleaner as you will certainly need them. I purchased a lexol kit from autogeek that included applicators, lexol leather cleaner, lexol leather conditioner, and lexol vinylex (for plastic, rubber, etc.) for $30 shipped which is a decent deal if you do not feel like "hunting" for good products locally.
-Tony

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have used armor all leather wipes in the past, but i stopped using them. >_< i hated the smell haha. I mean it does its job, but there are definately better products out there like meguiars as these people mentioned. You can also try lexol leather conditioners (and cleaners?). i love lexol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
I'm using Meguiars Gold Class Leather Wipes. I get my hair gel all over my drivers seat because I gel my hair right before I jam for class. Anyways, the only thing I don't like about the Meguiars Wipes is that it makes my seat all glossy. I usually wipe my seats down (after using Meguiars Wipes) with a microfiber towel to make it less glossy.

Hey, what do you guys perfer, in a RSX Type-S with black leather? Matte leather seats or glossy leather seats?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I like using the lexol conditioner wipes. I used the Meguiars Gold Class leather wipes, they made the seats very shiny, BUT I had a ton of excess on the seats. I used a micro towel and whiped the seats down multiple times, and wasn't happy. I went with the lexols, and used them, and wiped down the seat with a towel and it was perfect. They had a deeper color to them without the annoying glossy finish, and without a ton of excess conditioner left on the seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.