Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

461 - 475 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
does anyone experience their steering wheel shaking or vibrations when braking?

i have ichiba spacers on right now, ive had akata spacers on as well and both cause the car to vibrate.

these are both hubcentric..ive always had vibrations with spacers...

has anyone had a good experience with spacers???

·
NvUS East Coast
185 Posts
I have 17x9 +45 rpf1s with 255/40r17 tires. Whats the minimum sized spacer id have to run? Could I get away with 10mm? Already ordered extended stubs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
does anyone experience their steering wheel shaking or vibrations when braking?

i have ichiba spacers on right now, ive had akata spacers on as well and both cause the car to vibrate.

these are both hubcentric..ive always had vibrations with spacers...

has anyone had a good experience with spacers???
I don't have experience with those brand spacers, but with cheap spacers(my experience) I had the same issue.

Mind you, on my old car I tried 3 different brand spacers in my quest for a quality product. I eventually purchased some eight prince spacers (dai yoshihara brand) and the issue was eliminated. I ran both the 20mm(or something) and 30mm and both rode like butter with no issues. I also purchased another set when I got my rsx and had the same results( and I didn't use hub centric versions either)

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
I have 17x9 +45 rpf1s with 255/40r17 tires. Whats the minimum sized spacer id have to run? Could I get away with 10mm? Already ordered extended stubs.
I *think* you will need to make your wheels effectively +30 in order for it to work, so that would be 15mm. I have no x9 experience though

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,287 Posts

I'm sure you can get away with it if you're not too low and can run a little more camber. My buddy has a functional stance on 17x9 +35 all around with 255/40's. He doesn't have a spacer in the back but he does in the front but that's only so he could clear his BBK. On the back he does rub and his fenders are rolled.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
I had to run 5mm spacers in the back on 17x8+45 rims. I would most definitely do 10 or 15mm in the back. Joey, your friend probably rubbed the rear trailing arm in the back, right? So then yeah I'd say this guy needs 15mm in the rear. If he was rubbing the fender, then... 10mm, or more camber

·
NvUS East Coast
185 Posts
Thanks guys! I bought 10mm spacers, extended studs and hub rings. Going to do this tomorrow at my buddy's shop! I'll keep you updated. Going to try for as little camber as possible :hb:

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,198 Posts
If you're that adamant about not having excessive camber (some is good though! like -1 to -2), then you should do the lower trailing arm bash while your wheels are off. There's seriously a dimple (or pimple?) right where your rim needs space to clear and is the first place to rub, and is why people add camber (unless low and rubbing fender too):
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=775202
I didn't have a torch available but I did use a heat gun and a sledge and it took off some of the sharpness (then I put rust inhibiting paint on it for good measure (was already scratched anyway))

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looking for flush and functional look. 18x8.5 +35 or 18x9.5 +35. Read a couple threads about 9.5 being too wide. I plan to roll fenders but don't know much about camper and all that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hub-centric or not, I've tried them all on my car. If you have the wrong offset on your wheels and are wondering what set-up will work or not, ask me. I've tried them all because of my +55 offset wheels. I've tried 5mm, 8mm, 5/16, 7/32, 10mm, 15mm and 25mm spacers. This has costed me a lot of money but I wanted the perfect set-up and was willing to experiment.

5mm are the only ones you can use without longer studs. Replacing our studs is not a quick job and they are pressed so mostly only shops can do this (so you have to add the cost of labour into the total).

For those with ITR +60 offset wheels, I recommend H&R or Eibach 25mm spacers all around or 25mm in the rear and 15mm in the front. This set-up looked awesome and felt very stable compared to the 5mm spacers we had on to make them work.
I lowered my car on coilovers that has camber plates and had my stock factory wheels on. I had an alignment done the next day. Drives fine after being lowered. I then installed some 25mm wheel spacers and put some new wheels with new tires. So I went from some 16x6.5 with 205/55/16 tires (Stock RSX Wheels) to a 17x7 (DC5R Wheels) with 225/45/17s. Put the spacers due to the offset and I wanted the wheels to be flush with the body of the car. Now the car feels like it sways lightly from left to right at hwy speeds. I made sure I bought hub centric spacers and I torqued the spacers and wheel to spec. What could give it that feeling of lightly wanting to sway left to right at hwy speeds on the freeway? The new tires I bought I think has a softer sidewall, Lionhart LH5's. Could that be a problem? Am I running to wide of a tire? Do I need another alignment after the spacers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hub-centric or not, I've tried them all on my car. If you have the wrong offset on your wheels and are wondering what set-up will work or not, ask me. I've tried them all because of my +55 offset wheels. I've tried 5mm, 8mm, 5/16, 7/32, 10mm, 15mm and 25mm spacers. This has costed me a lot of money but I wanted the perfect set-up and was willing to experiment.

5mm are the only ones you can use without longer studs. Replacing our studs is not a quick job and they are pressed so mostly only shops can do this (so you have to add the cost of labour into the total).

For those with ITR +60 offset wheels, I recommend H&R or Eibach 25mm spacers all around or 25mm in the rear and 15mm in the front. This set-up looked awesome and felt very stable compared to the 5mm spacers we had on to make them work.
I have a 2002 rsx type s. With function and form Coilovers on stock 2008 TL wheels but I’m looking to get a squared set up of 18x9.5 +22 what do I exactly need to run this. I know for sure rolling my fenders but do I need a camber kit? Or wheel spacers? my coilovers come with adjustable damping and camber

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 2002 Rsx type s with function and form coilovers. On stock tl wheels. These coilovers have damping and camber adjustment! But I run these 18x9.5 +22 that I wanna buy. Do I need spacers? If so what size? As wells camber kit? And fenders rolled?

461 - 475 of 475 Posts