Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

anyway possbile to stop beeping noise when seatbelt is not locked?

2K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  miztahsparklez 
#1 ·
#4 ·
get an 02-04.

I got a TSX loaner and it did this and I was like "damn if that isn't the most annoying thing ever" cause sometimes my GF didnt buckle up in the pass. seat (I always do outta habit)

then I find out the new RSX's do it! That sucks....

#6 ·
im so used to buckling up. i thought everyone did? i only occasionally don't if its gonna be like a 1 min drive down the street or i know im gonna have to get back out within a couple minutes. click it or ticket :stop: :laughing:

#18 ·
Possible Solution

not that i condone doing so, but if you really want to stop that beep and you dont want to do anything technical that you might potentially mess up. you should go to a junk yard and find any honda that has seat belt latches like yours and cut the belt off and take the latch and place it on your latch to fool the system into thinking your not breaking any local traffic laws...

#21 ·
not that i condone doing so, but if you really want to stop that beep and you dont want to do anything technical that you might potentially mess up. you should go to a junk yard and find any honda that has seat belt latches like yours and cut the belt off and take the latch and place it on your latch to fool the system into thinking your not breaking any local traffic laws...
Let me guess, you read my one of my posts, didn't ya?

#29 ·
its his life, he can do what he wants

#27 ·
the speaker is in the gague cluster i believe.. and you cant remove the speaker....

#28 ·
not trying to be a dick, but if u used the search button you could have gotten your answer faster, and not have re-posted something thats already been covered

#31 ·
im sure he knows the risk... no need to criticize him.. if he ever gets into an accident thats his choice. people dont need to tell him multiple times what he should or shouldnt do unless he requests it.

and i just say use the clip. so you can reverse it later. or you can be clever with the wiring and rewire the seatbelt to make it think its buckled without the buckle.

#34 ·
if he ever gets into an accident thats his choice. people dont need to tell him multiple times what he should or shouldnt do unless he requests it.
Good thing he's in the u.s with your private health care... in Canada we pay for idiots like this when they crash and use our hospitals... we're not so forgiving.

#32 ·
amen

#35 ·
I suppose you can also look into it like, if he crashes and dies, people wouldnt have to worry about it anymore. but that was his choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.