Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one sounds better and what are the pros and cons for both?

from the other thread someone said that HKS melts your bumpers... dunno if that is true or not but id like to see a picture. i heard the apexi n1 exhaust arent to loud while driving normal but i dont know how it sounds anyone got a video clip?!?! as far as i know it the HKS is loud all around but i like the sound of it so far. I am not sure which one i am going to get so i would like people to voice there opinions here. THANK YOU

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've heard the hks (don't remember when but there was a video on here a while back) and i have the N1 and i would definently recommend the N1

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Here is the clip for the HKS HiPower on TypeS. it won't melt your bumper unless you have JDM rear lip.

Attachments

·
yup
7,574 Posts
anyone have a sound clip on the N1?

·
yup
7,574 Posts
hks is sexy :)

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I personally like the HKS exhaust better, N1 is just a little 2 loud for me...

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
I had Comptech on my RSX-S with Race Header, that was loud.

I have dual HKS Hi Power Titanium's on my G35, not loud at all

·
Registered
151 Posts
HKS isnt extremely loud in the low rpms, but when u start getting up there in rpms, it starts screaming, and u can definitely feel it too, great exhaust i have to highly recomend it!

Btw, like RSX-white said, doesnt burn ur bumper unless u have JDM or maybe some aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
809 Posts
that hks does sound mean... i know apexi N1's are a little to loud on some cars. i wanna know what they sound like on a RSX.. havent found any sound clips yet

·
Registered
715 Posts
the n1 is not really that loud on a rsx...but for older civics and integras they scream...i heard the n1 in person and people who have had the n1 said its not too loud not as loud as their friends older civic with an n1 etc. I think the hks is louder but the hks sounds good because its deep and does not give off a raspy sound. hks looks nice with the slight angle and how the tip does not stick out of the rear of your rsx. it tucks right below the bumper and looks really clean. i have the hks now, and i have the apex gt spec before my hks, i know the apex gt spec and apex n1 both just sit straight and the tip sticks out a little bit. i dont think its attractive when a huge exhaust just sits straight and sticks out...the hks doesnt rattle against anything...fitment is 5 out of 5 with the stock oem rear.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a apexi n1 catback on my base and i dont thinks its loud at all. its only load when you bring it to the higher rpms :thumbsup:

·
"Por-Sha"
12,673 Posts
wow...if the Apexi N1 exhaust (which is top 5 for the loudest RSX exhausts) is not loud, then idk what is...

When I get my car back i'll take a video of it.. i/e/rh..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts