Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are new rotors. They buy new OEM rotors and modify them. The cryo-treating means that they are a lot stronger, than, say powerslots or stoptechs or rotoras or whatever.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
jeffbatt said:
These are new rotors. They buy new OEM rotors and modify them. The cryo-treating means that they are a lot stronger, than, say powerslots or stoptechs or rotoras or whatever.
I would like to know how these $800 rotors are gonna make my car stop 20% shorter omg (assuming they mean you need both the front and rear rotors to achieve such a huge stopping increase.)

·
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't cost anywhere near $800. It was more like $560, which isn't that much more than powerslot, etc...

They're supposed to last significantly longer than conventional, non-cryo treated rotors.

Rotors won't make any car stop shorter. I mainly just wanted something that looked better than my worn out, rusted-to-hell original rotors.

·
sickwidit fa sho!
6,879 Posts
The price includes pads? Their price list doesn't show the RSX but they do show that some of their prices include pads.

·
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MyKeEe:
You have to call them and get a quote. They will quote you a price with and without pads. I didn't buy pads from them.

For some of the other people who seem to be struggling with this whole concept:
1. You call them and get a quote
2. If you want to buy the rotors, you tell them to go ahead and build them
3. THEY BUY *BRAND NEW* ROTORS
4. THEY MACHINE SLOTS IN SAID ROTORS
5. THEY CRYO-TREAT (low-temperature treat) THOSE ROTORS FOR STRENGTH
-THIS HELPS GREATLY TO PREVENT CRACKING AND WARPING
6. THEY PLATE THE ROTORS TO PREVENT RUST
7. THEY MAIL THE ROTORS TO YOU

Notice that buying these is exactly like buying other rotors as for as you're concerned.
1. THESE ARE NOT USED ROTORS
-THEY ARE BRAND NEW IN EVERY WAY
2. YOU DO NOT SEND OR GIVE THEM ANYTHING BUT YOUR MONEY
-THEY BUY THE BLANK ROTORS AND DO ALL THE MACHINING,
CRYO TREATMENT, AND PLATING WITHOUT ANY HELP OR INTERVENTION FROM YOU

·
sickwidit fa sho!
6,879 Posts
I'll give them a call tomorrow. Are you still auto-x'ing your car? When I met you that one time I remember you saying you weren't going to track your car much anymore, now you stiffened the rear of your car more and got new rotors. I have a feeling someone is still tracking their car.

·
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The funny thing is that I'm modding the car more now that I'm not autocrossing any more....hah...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts