Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have officially applied for entrance into the Masters of Architecture ( MArch ) Programs at :

University of Toronto
University of Manitoba (winnipeg)
Dalhousie University (halifax)

I figured it was more or less the right time to "give er a go" and see where the chips fall. I am not sure what my odds are for they usually only accept 1 for every 15 to 20 applications...and i have a relatively weak portfolio i think. My saving grace will be my professional experience...

Manitoba and Dalhousie ask me to do a 2 yr bachelor of environmental design and then 2 yrs master program

Toronto lets me do a direct 3 yr masters

for those who dont know, i have a BA in Economics from University of Alberta 01'

I should know early summer if i get accepted for fall 08' and will let you all know, but im not holding my breath.

cheers

ian

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to avoid us so much that you won't even apply to UBC?
been there, done that...i like vancouver, but part of this adventure is to experience another part of canada.

I have lived in:

Ottawa - 7 yrs
Edmonton - 20 yrs
Vancouver - 1 yr

wanted something other than these...so i figured Halifax, Winnipeg, Toronto. Each have something interesting about them and i will be able to take the s2k for some fun exploratory road trips.

But who knows...if i dont get accepted for fall 08'...i might add UBC for 09 since i have free accom at my dad's condo.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
been there, done that...i like vancouver, but part of this adventure is to experience another part of canada.

I have lived in:

Ottawa - 7 yrs
Edmonton - 20 yrs
Vancouver - 1 yr

wanted something other than these...so i figured Halifax, Winnipeg, Toronto. Each have something interesting about them and i will be able to take the s2k for some fun exploratory road trips.

But who knows...if i dont get accepted for fall 08'...i might add UBC for 09 since i have free accom at my dad's condo.
Halifax is the middle of nowhere.
Toronto is full of crazies. Just look at the Canada East section. They're all haters.
And the hippo at the Winnipeg zoo farted at me, and I've never forgiven the city.

My stepdad and cousin are both architects :D
They do things a wee bit different in Tokyo.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Halifax is the middle of nowhere.
Toronto is full of crazies. Just look at the Canada East section. They're all haters.
whaaaaat im no hater lol.

P.s TS UofT is impossible to get in. GL

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Halifax - i want to drive the entire maritimes and new england...not too far from quebec.

Winnipeg - explore the lake country and drive south to chicago, minn, etc.

Toronto - we have a cottage 2 hrs away on lake huron and most if not all of my family is 1hr away.

·
I hate my car.
6,606 Posts
Sounds exciting man. Good luck! Isnt Smalls an architect as well?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm thinking of applying for M.Arch in UBC actually. I just recently graduated from Engineering in UBC and was thinking of getting some real-world experience in architecture first before applying.

Tell us how the application goes by the way. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking of applying for M.Arch in UBC actually. I just recently graduated from Engineering in UBC and was thinking of getting some real-world experience in architecture first before applying.

Tell us how the application goes by the way. Good luck. :)
you definately should!

it is highly recommended to travel and experience before application.

nice thing about architecture is you tend to get better with age.

·
made of particles
11,438 Posts
So i have officially applied for entrance into the Masters of Architecture ( MArch ) Programs at :

University of Toronto
University of Manitoba (winnipeg)
Dalhousie University (halifax)

I figured it was more or less the right time to "give er a go" and see where the chips fall. I am not sure what my odds are for they usually only accept 1 for every 15 to 20 applications...and i have a relatively weak portfolio i think. My saving grace will be my professional experience...

Manitoba and Dalhousie ask me to do a 2 yr bachelor of environmental design and then 2 yrs master program

Toronto lets me do a direct 3 yr masters

for those who dont know, i have a BA in Economics from University of Alberta 01'

I should know early summer if i get accepted for fall 08' and will let you all know, but im not holding my breath.

cheers

ian
dude, that is fuckin weird - im going to school for m-arch too (just started last semester - boston architectural college. no previous architectural background, dont need a folio to get accepted there though. if the ones you applied too dont work out for ya check it out.), and my name is ian as well.

good luck on gettin accepted!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my submission portfolio

I have officially sent my application packages to Dalhousie, Manitoba, and Toronto and should hear back in 2-4 months. Thought you might all want to check out my mediocre portfolio.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude, that is fuckin weird - im going to school for m-arch too (just started last semester - boston architectural college. no previous architectural background, dont need a folio to get accepted there though. if the ones you applied too dont work out for ya check it out.), and my name is ian as well.

good luck on gettin accepted!

haha...wierd!!!

thanks and ill keep an eye out for BC should this not work

1 - 20 of 22 Posts