Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have fine lines or mild scratches on my hood. I heard using NXT can take these out. My question is: Can you apply NXT over zaino that has been applyed a month ago to get these scratches out? Thanks

·
You'll say wow everytime.
8,001 Posts
Prodani12 said:
NXT has very very mild abrasives in it and its not meant for swirl/scratch removal.
:dontknow: yes it is...

NXT has done a great job of eliminating or greatly minimizing some surface scratches on my paint.

If you are worried about applying one wax over another, strip off the existing wax. Just wash the car with dish soap (palmolive or joy or something like that) and go to town with the new wax.

·
Yo
534 Posts
If u already got zaino, why not just hit your car up with the Z5? Won't have to strip off the zaino already on there, I don't think.......

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
stickgoat said:
:dontknow: yes it is...

NXT has done a great job of eliminating or greatly minimizing some surface scratches on my paint.

If you are worried about applying one wax over another, strip off the existing wax. Just wash the car with dish soap (palmolive or joy or something like that) and go to town with the new wax.
NXT is more of a last step product that is marketed as having properties of removing "fine" scratches, and in my experience hasn'tbeen able to do what other Maguire products (specifically made for that job) can do. NXT is more of a protectant and a finish product rather than a prepatory one even with its cleaning abilities.

Your experience may differ from mine.

·
hatin' every ape i see.
1,454 Posts
nxt will jsut fill in the scratches temporarily as a cleaner wax.

i don't think nxt will bond properly to z2 or z5.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
NXT will hide and remove fine swirls. A lot of it is fillers though, so it'll come back.

Z5 will also hide swirls, and it's non-abrasive. If you are already using Zaino, I think this would be a better alternative.

If the Z5 doesn't hide them well, I don't think you'll find NXT to do much better and you might need to go back and look at actual polishes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Frosty... So only polishes can get swirls out. What do you recommend or have you used in the past?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts