Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been wondering if you can use a fuel map that matches the car and works and then paste it in to any map without any hassle? will it f.ck up the car or is it as simple as a cut and paste job.. say for instance i have the Aaron map and i want to try out the palmer map withot checking my a/f values again. do i just transfer the fuel maps on to the palmer map from the Aaron map? (I have no Wideband) Euro civic R

Anybody :dontknow:

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
well really the calibration is meant to act as an entire unit. differences between palmer's and aaron's cam and ignition maps will affect the a/f ratio. *shrug*

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
krystar said:
well really the calibration is meant to act as an entire unit. differences between palmer's and aaron's cam and ignition maps will affect the a/f ratio. *shrug*
Is it really that way? from what i have learned you start off your map by making the a/f curve and then the rest, cam ignition etc. so this would mean that it should´nt be off by that much. or? :dontknow: :driving:

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
alex s2000 said:
Have been wondering if you can use a fuel map that matches the car and works and then paste it in to any map without any hassle? will it f.ck up the car or is it as simple as a cut and paste job.. say for instance i have the Aaron map and i want to try out the palmer map withot checking my a/f values again. do i just transfer the fuel maps on to the palmer map from the Aaron map? (I have no Wideband) Euro civic R

Anybody :dontknow:
I would absolutely not recommend this. There is this weird sentiment that just because a calibration works well in someone's car, that same calibration would then work well in someone else's car. That is simply not so. Likewise, if someone has a fuel map that creates a perfect A/F curve for him, that same fuel map copied and pasted into some other calibration will most likely result in a totally different A/F curve. This course of action is especially dangerous when you don't have a wideband to monitor your A/F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts