Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my RSX this week and I'd like to clay and polish it before it starts to snow, but it's been pretty cold lately. Around freezing at night and about 40 during the day. Should I try using Zaino or just stick with the factory wax until it gets warmer?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, it says on the zaino site:
"Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry...I have also applied it in 38 degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry"

Any tips? What if I apply it when it's 40 and it's gets to be freezing while it dries. Will it freeze and ruin my paint?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
point # 1 - zaino will never ruin your paint.

point # 2 - if you are going to have it freeze on the car - dont do it.

first applications of zaino Z1 and Z2orZ5 take longer to dry than a single layer.

I have aplied it above 40F also, and a single layer took 'bout 1-2 hours to dry in the sun.

i have a warm place indoors now, so it isnt a concern, but i have done it when its that low.

ig you are going to get above 40-45 - and apply it in incredibly thin layers like you are supposed to and dont let it freeze over night - it should be fine. the key is the freezing part - if it is going to be indoors garage over night, and stay s few degrees above freezing - you should be fine in the morning

if you are not certain you do that - get something off the local store shelf and slap it on - you can easily apply zaino in the spring

the shame is - that two coats will protect you the entire winter - but again, dont get forced into it . . .go with what you are comfortable doing right now.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I don't have a garage at all. That why I want to Zaino it.

I think I'm going to wait until this weekend, do a wash and polish in the morning, wait 2-3 hours to dry and wipe it off before it gets dark and cold. It should be around 40 this weekend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Best way to remove the old wax from the dealership

Is "Dawn" the best way to remove the "old" wax that the dealer put on? (if they put on one...).

I wanna do some Zainoing tonite...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Best way to remove the old wax from the dealership

Need4RSX said:
Is "Dawn" the best way to remove the "old" wax that the dealer put on? (if they put on one...).

I wanna do some Zainoing tonite...
Never mind this post.. I got the answer from a previous post..

Sorry for this.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
DANNER said:
Unfortunately, I don't have a garage at all. That why I want to Zaino it.

I think I'm going to wait until this weekend, do a wash and polish in the morning, wait 2-3 hours to dry and wipe it off before it gets dark and cold. It should be around 40 this weekend.
Danner - sunny is good - cloudy and damp isnt gonna be good. also, if it is windy - during the dry time waiting , you run the risk of "stuff" being blown onto the car. not likely to be a problem - but if its really windy out - you may want to reconsider.

I know the problems about the no garage - I cant park in mine ion the winter - and only have occasional use of it if i move car and crap out of the way to get into it and do some cleaning work.

next house - bigger garage - or im gonn abuild a bigger obe with a floor drain and heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts