Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1786 Posts

·
GJS
131 Posts

Best pic I can get of him. He moves around like crazy. Caught him in sargassum when I was fishing lol At first I thought it was a filefish but now I'm leaning towards trigger. They say once it gets bigger I should be able to ID it better. I caught it just a little bit bigger than a finger nail.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,888 Posts

Best pic I can get of him. He moves around like crazy. Caught him in sargassum when I was fishing lol At first I thought it was a filefish but now I'm leaning towards trigger. They say once it gets bigger I should be able to ID it better. I caught it just a little bit bigger than a finger nail.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
definitely a filefish :)

·
GJS
131 Posts
definitely a filefish :)
Thanks for input. I haven't done research on what type in a while, but now that you mention it i'll go back to Common Filefish. The only thing I don't see it same pattern and eyes. Although it's probably a slight variation.
I really need to get back into reefing. Will be building a house in the next year and planning to do a closet that I will later convert into an in-wall peninsula tank. Views from kitchen , dining room and living room.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
ah. wasn't there someone who built their house with a tank in the wall? or was it a pond?

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Thanks for input. I haven't done research on what type in a while, but now that you mention it i'll go back to Common Filefish. The only thing I don't see it same pattern and eyes. Although it's probably a slight variation.
I really need to get back into reefing. Will be building a house in the next year and planning to do a closet that I will later convert into an in-wall peninsula tank. Views from kitchen , dining room and living room.
seems like a matted Filefish to me. Fish patterns can vary pretty greatly, but its anatomy is definitely that of a Filefish.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
ah. wasn't there someone who built their house with a tank in the wall? or was it a pond?
that post was a few year ago I think! Someone built a giant pond inside their house with the idea of putting large South American fish in there IIRC

·
GJS
131 Posts
seems like a matted Filefish to me. Fish patterns can vary pretty greatly, but its anatomy is definitely that of a Filefish.
I'm just worried it might get too big for my tank lol. So far my three fish get along well. the dottyback I put last , I know they tend to get aggressive. Didn't want it, but wifey wanted a "pink fish" :dontknow:

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
loza?

lolza?

something with puffer fish was his trophy
That one wasn't Loza, maybe rsxer63. One of the forums "more experienced" guys.

·
GJS
131 Posts
Nice, I have an Unknown Chinese LED that I'm getting tired of. Either going to Kessil or AI Prime. How do you like the Kessil? Covers a decent area?

·
Cool as Ice Tea
8,098 Posts
Nice, I have an Unknown Chinese LED that I'm getting tired of. Either going to Kessil or AI Prime. How do you like the Kessil? Covers a decent area?
I have a standard 20 gal and it covers the tank. Imo any long tank would require more than one. The corners have some drop off but my plants are thriving as usual.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
new news for you guys, well nate already knows, but the girlfriends parents got us a tank for christmas. it's a 29 gallon kit. i want to change some things here and there, but it'll have to do until i find some spare cash.

after lots of convincing and making it sound like it was her idea, we got pfs from lowes. she really wanted black sand, but nate threw her info out the ass and she ended up caving. showed her how my tank set up looked like back in the day and she needed up liking how i got slabs of rocks set up.

she wants two angels, but i'll see what i can do to get her to change her mind to 1.

nate suggested some fish and i think i wanna stock it with
- 1 angel
- 5 cherry barbs
- 5 or 6 cories
- a few nerite snails

we'll still trying to get through the cycle, but got some silk plants in there for looks. i'll see if i can update with a picture in a few weeks when i get a group in there.

·
GJS
131 Posts
new news for you guys, well nate already knows, but the girlfriends parents got us a tank for christmas. it's a 29 gallon kit. i want to change some things here and there, but it'll have to do until i find some spare cash.

after lots of convincing and making it sound like it was her idea, we got pfs from lowes. she really wanted black sand, but nate threw her info out the ass and she ended up caving. showed her how my tank set up looked like back in the day and she needed up liking how i got slabs of rocks set up.

she wants two angels, but i'll see what i can do to get her to change her mind to 1.

nate suggested some fish and i think i wanna stock it with
- 1 angel
- 5 cherry barbs
- 5 or 6 cories
- a few nerite snails

we'll still trying to get through the cycle, but got some silk plants in there for looks. i'll see if i can update with a picture in a few weeks when i get a group in there.
Nice, is it the biocube 29g set up? If so they have a good upgrade to LED lighting. It gets good growth.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
I wish. Lol. It's the tetra or something kit.

Got us the stand and the kit. Not going to complain.

But I've looked into the biocube back in the day.

·
4,613 Posts
What's up everyone?

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts

·
4,613 Posts
nothing new here, but, thinking about getting a mccoskers flasher wrasse.
Do it!

Got my shop opened up a few weeks ago. Just waiting for the tank(s) to arrival so we can put something in the customer lounge.

1761 - 1780 of 1786 Posts