Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 672 Posts

·
The Architect™
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Peakboost kit in the other day and this is the setup I am now running.

06' Acura RSX Type-S, Night Hawk Black Metalic, ebony interior

Engine:

Peakboost Turbo kit
T3/44 Sidemount stainless steel Turbo Manifold (Coated by HPC)
44mm Dumptube (Coated by HPC)
3' Stainless 2 pc downpipe w v-band (Coated by HPC)
Garrett GT3076 turbo (.82 AR, .60trim, S-cover)(Exhaust housing Coated by HPC)
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm Blow off valve
PWR 6' x 23.5' x 3' vertical flow intercooler core(total height is 12') (anodized black)
2.5' Aluminum chargepipe kit with PWR Silicon Couplers & t-bolt clamps (Piping powder coated black)
Steel braided oil/feed return lines
All installation hardware, gaskets, & heatwrap
K&N Intake filter

Besides these parts that came with the kit I am running the following:

-Hondata Kpro EMS
-GM 3bar map sensor
-GM boost control solenoid
-Peakboost Vac Block
-Billet battery tray
-Odyssey battery (model # PC680MJ)
-Innovative Motor Mounts
-CC stage 4 clutch
-Oil sandwich plate adapter
-hondata intake manifold gasket
-Thermal 3' exhaust
-NKG BKR9EIX plugs
-Walbro intank pump
-AEM fuel rail
-Aeromotive FPR
-RC 750cc injectors
--8an stainless fuel feed lines & -6an return lines all with Earls & Russel fittings
-Aeromotive 10 micron inline fuel filter
-RBC intake manifold
-P2R RBC adapter

Suspension:
-Tein Flex Coilovers with EDFC
-Ingals rear camber kit

Wheels & Tires:

-Volk Racing CE28N (18x8.5' +40mm offset in bronze)
-Nitto NT555 tires (225/40/18)

Other:
-DC5 JDM Type-R Recaro seats (black w/ red stiching front and rear)
-Xenon Depot 6000k HIDs
-20% window tint
-Custom Wrinkle Black Valvecover
- Mugen Oil Filler Cap
-Mugen Radiator Cap
-Type-r Dipstick
- EP3 Sparkplug cover
-EP3 AC line relocation
-Autometer Ultralite Full Sweep Electronic gauges (Oil Pressure & boost)
-Autometer RSX twin gauge pod color matched to interior
-Hawk pads all the way around

I know that I am forgetting some of the other stuff but this is what I remember off the top of my head.

Well, here are some of the pictures that I took of the kit so far, and I am going to take more in the time up to come and add pics as we build the car. I am not going to be able to do the install right away because of school and money. This project has about tapped me out and school and work leave me no time to work on the car.

I will be showing the progression of the project in the months to come. I plan on doing the fuel system and an RBC as my next moves on this project but they are going to have to wait.

Well, enough talk, here are the pics.

And the car its going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieW24rEcdAo

·
The Architect™
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reserved for pics, sorry, I am still taking pics of the parts now, battery is dead, will post up shortly

·
The Architect™
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice man, any idea when this is going on your car? i was thinking about going peakboost for my hatch instead of full race
I am going to have to wait a bit longer to install this.

I had some un-expected bills to take car of recently and I am back in school full time for grad school and I am currently working 2 different jobs.

I am going to have to wait until I have the money to buy the last few things that I need to buy then I will install it and have it tuned right away.

I also have to put the car to its complete stock form, which means remove the race header, motor mounts, & kpro so I can get my tranny replaced under warranty before I boost it. I have had tranny problems since I bought this car, but it is just getting to the point that the stealership will replace it for me.

·
The Architect™
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet kit.....if u dont mind me askin, price for PB turbo kit?(w/coating)
Well, I was given a special rate because I have been dealing with Peakboost since the inception of this kit and I have been in constant contact and waited many many months for the final production pieces to be produced.

I have been dealing with Ken and then Todd on this kit since around Feb. I think? Maybe a bit longer.

My kit was the first that they were ceramic coating so they gave me the cost of the coating at their cost.

But just to let you know, I think to have everything ceramic coated (manifold, DP, Dumptube, and turbo housing) and also the intercooler anodized like I did would cost about $600

The Price on the turbo kit varies due to different size turbo options and if you want a journal bearing turbo or a ball bearing turbo.

Your best bet is to call up Peakboost and ask for Todd or if he is not around ask for Ken. :thumbsup:

·
Duffman OHH YEAAHH
5,799 Posts
I am going to have to wait a bit longer to install this.

I had some un-expected bills to take car of recently and I am back in school full time for grad school and I am currently working 2 different jobs.

I am going to have to wait until I have the money to buy the last few things that I need to buy then I will install it and have it tuned right away.

I also have to put the car to its complete stock form, which means remove the race header, motor mounts, & kpro so I can get my tranny replaced under warranty before I boost it. I have had tranny problems since I bought this car, but it is just getting to the point that the stealership will replace it for me.
good shit, im staying tuned to this thread, i might want to go this exact same setup...gl with everything

·
Bitch where's my Money!
799 Posts
dude it took me like 20 minutes of frantic hacking with a steak knife to get through all that bubble wrap. it made me late as hell to work but i didnt care i waited too long for this. i even had to take some quick pics before i went to work so i can look at the pics at work lol.

1 - 20 of 672 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.