Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

ArcticBlueAlex's Last Stand; I cant total out a 3rd car right?

31K views 209 replies 46 participants last post by  MoHo 
#1 · (Edited)
Current "Build": 2002 ABP Type S
- Act 1: The Stock-ening

Old Build: 2005 VBP Type S
- Out with the old, in with the new Pg.6
- Phase 1 Suspension Rebuild; Rust-O-Rama Pg.6
- Phase 2 Exhaust Swap; The Quieter The Better Pg.6
- Phase 3 Engine Bay; Weren't we supposed to only fix coolant leaks? Pg.8

Old Build: 2003 ABP Type S

- K24A2 Swap Beggining: Pg.2
- KPro & Acura TL Brembo BBK: Pg.2
- Exhaust Sound Clips: Pg.3
- Trans Rebuild Pg.4
- K24 InstalledPg.5

Not that it matters anymore but I wanted to create an area to document my newest journey. The road is straightforward but a lengthy one, it should be a good time for all 3 of you still lurking around.

A TLDR version of my story; 2 totaled RSXs, moved to an S2000, Bought a CRV, Married, Moved and now I'm primarily in the RSX while the wife has the CRV. Highly recommend the CRV, RSX, S2000 setup for vehicles by the way.

Feel free to say hello, I'm still around or you can even poke fun I'm stock and slow. Either way Shrug

Exterior:
VIS "Mugen" Exterior Body Kit
CRV Style LED 4th Brake Light
Rear Wiper Delete
Quad Bi-Xenon HID Retrofit
Top 1 Winglets

Interior:
DC5-R Recaros
Mugen Shift Knob
Mugen Pedal Set
Broadway Mirror
Headliner Blackout
Extra Cargo Light
05/06 Speedometer Conversion

Suspension:
Desmond Regamaster EVOs 17x8 +35 (235/40 S Drives)
Custom Sway Bar Links
05/06 Front Sway bar

Engine:
KPro V4

Transmission:
N/A

Exhaust
Stock with Q300 style Muffler Tip

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
moar pics
Sooner or later i will :thumbsup: if your that thirsty you can go on the IG :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I love the wingless look.
I never really understood the type r wing thing, let it die with the DC2...... but on the other hand a js wing is a nice trend.... probably will never do it but :dontknow:

dam! good work alex!

cant decide which of these i like more
Mine of course because A-Spec

Discussion starter · #13 ·
happy couple w/sexy DC5s, mugen & aspec, retrofits, regas, half years, & blue? what else is there :drool:
Just need to get a house now, then comes house modding :thumbsup:

:bow:

so with those hoods, how do you deal with rain and snow or other stuff?n doesn't things get in the engine? i like how they look, just never got them because fear of what could get in there and cause problems. anyway car looks good
The max racing has an optional weather guard that fastens to underside of the hood and let's the water run onto the heat shield of the header, living in CA I don't have to worry about that really but it's got that option if you want it. For the mugen one I'm not sure I guess the elements just get in there and you gotta deal with it. I bought her hood used so I'm not sure if it comes with anything like the max racing did.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
How u like the inverted tie rods? Any unwanted noise or play?
Thinking about getting them
Worth every penny, makes alignment correct and easier for the shop. Cars steering is awsome and the only noise I get is from the loud ass buddy club suspension

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Thanks :fistbump: just asking cuz reading other members reviews they complain about alot of play and noise, some even said they snapped on them but i guess it was the old version. Loving all the legit parts on ur ride :thumbsup:
Typically all my suspension noise has been attributed to the locking ring on the coilover coming loose and allowing the assembly to have some wobble in it, as for snapping i'm probably not the right guy to talk to since i don't drive the car all that hard. But they seem to be of the utmost legitness :thumbsup:

Thats cold, but gotta play hardball sometimes

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Update:

Decided to have some fun and go the K24 route. Haven't really decided whether it will be boosted or not but so far I'm planning for the typical bolt ons. Project is sitting in the garage so I am trying to take my time and build it before i drop it in..... but its difficult waiting.

What i got so far:
2005 k24a2 Long Block
2004 K20a2 Transmission
RBC Manifold
K-Tuned 3" Catback

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Update:

Put the TL Brembo BBK on my car and finally bought KPro after 3 years of saying I was going to, that was the longest 2 days of not driving my car ever.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
yup, should smear ketchup on it to make it more type R'ish. It might expedite it's removal by the driver as well :rolleyes:;)
She already has a "plan" to make it look like someone tried to take it off then just remove it all together lol.... women are strange creatures. Ida just ripped that ugly ass banner off right away when she didnt get a feature on his page... but thats just me.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
love those silver regas
They told me they don't feel the same way about you

Those brakes look soooo good with your wheels. Makes me want to find some TL-S brembos
I'll save you hundreds of dollars; get a box of finishing nails, fasten the tip of the nail under your each one of your toe nails. Once this has been accomplished find a wall and kick it as hard as you can, repeat for each foot. Basically it was a huge pain in the ass

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Update:
Got a used Invidia Header for a bargain @ 250, cleaned it up a bit while i waited for my manifold to cool down for removal. Stay tuned for links for my exhaust combos. Thinking maybe 3 videos; 1 with the full invidia set up, 1 with the invidia and K-Tuned catback, and one with the stock header and K-Tuned exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.