Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
That was satisfying and inspiring. I need to do something like this. Btw you are a real funny guy!! Hahah just spray everything aluminum ( alternator too ) man rofl looks HOT great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
That was satisfying and inspiring. I need to do something like this. Btw you are a real funny guy!! Hahah just spray everything aluminum ( alternator too ) man rofl looks HOT great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a PIA if your just doing it because you like the look. I enjoy the process and plus if I'm going to get carpel tunnel it's going to be from working on a car and not other activities. Tell you what, tapping in between those fins on the alternator was a labor of love. Shoulda just bought a new one.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Hey man how did you prep the valve cover for paint? Just sanding down and working through the different grits?
Of all the valve covers ive owned and painted; this one is in fact powdercoated. I have done my daily integra with the VHT wrinkle paint.

Easiest and proven way to go about it.
- Air Craft Remover; removes all old paint and finishes
- Green scotchbrite followed by a red scotchbrite pad
- Alcohol prep
- Adhesion Promoter
- VHT Wrinkle Finish

or yes, go through 250 -> 500 -> 800 sand paper followed by alcohol prep and adhesion promoter

·
Registered
25 Posts
Of all the valve covers ive owned and painted; this one is in fact powdercoated. I have done my daily integra with the VHT wrinkle paint.

Easiest and proven way to go about it.
- Air Craft Remover; removes all old paint and finishes
- Green scotchbrite followed by a red scotchbrite pad
- Alcohol prep
- Adhesion Promoter
- VHT Wrinkle Finish

or yes, go through 250 -> 500 -> 800 sand paper followed by alcohol prep and adhesion promoter
Thanks man, I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just read through the whole thread and wow awesome job! The only thing I'm missing is where is the interior love? Gotta throw some pics of your set up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Just read through the whole thread and wow awesome job! The only thing I'm missing is where is the interior love? Gotta throw some pics of your set up

Interior is step 4;

Nothing too crazy, have done some cool DIYs that are necessary in my opinion and do an aspec trim install. Also trying to find a convenient location for my HVAC controls since the boost gauges are there. Otherwise than that I'm trying to keep it simple, i find its really easy to go overboard on these cars and no one wants that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interior is step 4;

Nothing too crazy, have done some cool DIYs that are necessary in my opinion and do an aspec trim install. Also trying to find a convenient location for my HVAC controls since the boost gauges are there. Otherwise than that I'm trying to keep it simple, i find its really easy to go overboard on these cars and no one wants that.
oh I can't wait now!:hb:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #196 (Edited)
Any updates? this story from recovery to back to being a clean monster can't end lol
Well;
Since I put it back together I put about 400 miles on it. Drives great but does smoke some so I am currently working on flow and drain configurations for the oil. However here is a quick run down.

- went on vacation and sold the hood during it.
- driving without a hood, waiting on my new one
- lost a splash guard from being too low
- bought a mirror cover
- bought an EP3 eps unit, swaping currently
- Currently modifying OEM radio for an AUX
- neighbor backed into my ladys car
- Brother backed into the front bumper also
- working on that project with my little free time
- went from 3 cars to 1, so I'm walking alot lol
- mod funds will go toward paint for Aspec Kit

That's all I got to report

https://i.imgur.com/oTU0ksr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VvdRHo5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CCuzAuW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CCuzAuW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nOPmw0d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GbM1ApX.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow I didnt expect such a quick response!

It's coming along nicely man and I know must fund the project but walmart has super cheap single and double din radios with bluetooth like less than 40 and less than 100 respectively. I got the double din and only complaint is max volume is scratchy and for some reason some stations go out quicker now.

Also, imo I think what would complete your rear is to go 05-06 tails not sure if you already have the new rear bumper but I think it'd look sick!

Anyways tha is for the update! Always check back here for anything new, best of luck man!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
The one in pieces with the wing is my ladys car, it's an 02/04 with a updated front end conversion. As for the stock headunit, I never really cared for a double din or single din look, and my baller audio set up is home theater. I usually drive without music anyway.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
EOY / Partial Step 4 Update:
Not that anyone besides me is keeping track but;
- Older *Max hood was sold to fund a new *Max Hood
- Bought & Installed VBP Mugen Mirror Cover
- Bought, Installed, Using Electronic Power Steering
- Installed Dakota Digital Box, speedometer isn’t calibrated correctly
- Tore Apart my radio for Aux Mod, didn’t have correct solder so it sits in pieces
- Bought a rear-view mounted Dash cam, Going to Remove Broadway Mirror
- Fixed the smoking turbo issue with an oil restrictor
- Improved Turbo Oil drain pathway
- Fixed my rpm fluctuation issue by cleaning, then eventually replacing IACV
- Cleaned and condensed my parts to only 5 bins
- SEM Dyed Exterior / Interior pieces; Headliner, Visors, A Pillars, Grilles, Cowl
- Mounted Fire Extinguisher
- Rolled Rear Quarter Panels
- Rear Wiper Delete
- Added Another Rear Hatch Light
- Double Brake Light mod
- Fastened a pull-down tag on rear hatch

181 - 199 of 199 Posts