Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Oh, dang! That is so much work, but great job. Where's the new ride height pic?
Yes it is alot of work, I do bitch a lot when the project is ongoing but i keep coming back for more so I must enjoy it. Also I wont be dropping the car until Phase 3 (engine related attention) is complete since I need to have the car in the air for that as well.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Phase 2:
Remove Old Exhaust System
Clean Wrapped Header/Down pipe
Modify Exhaust
Coat Muffler Fascia, Fasteners
Install

Replaced/Modified Parts:
- Exhaust: Thermal R&D --> Q300
- Fasteners: New Invidia Gaskets & Flange Bolts
- Modifications: Q300 Mid pipe added a V band Flange, Fix Hanger Rubbing Issue

Coatings Used:
- VHT Flameproof Coating

Estimated Time Spent
- Parts Removal: > 1 Hour
- Cleanup: > 1 Hour
- Paint Prep:> 1 Hour
- Painting: 1 Hour
- Installation: 1 Hour

Lessons Learned
- V Band Connections are the way to go
- Q300 > All
- Black > Bling

***Videos***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0sBKIXl3ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7ZKJ2UaI4

Before and After Paint

Midpipe Modification

Coated VBand Connections

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
How has your experience with V-bands been? Do they leak at all? I've never used them before but I decided to get some for the entire exhaust system on my Accord build. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly nervous about a gasket-less system.

I love this style of nut-and-bolt restomod build, though. I'm all about attention to detail. Looking good, man.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
How has your experience with V-bands been? Do they leak at all? I've never used them before but I decided to get some for the entire exhaust system on my Accord build. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly nervous about a gasket-less system.

I love this style of nut-and-bolt restomod build, though. I'm all about attention to detail. Looking good, man.
From my experience they have been great. The car came with the thermal R&D exhaust which had them on already (from the downpipe back) and no leaks. The fastener bands themselves have seen better days so i cleaned them up and painted them with the flameproof vht coating but still held it together with no leaks. With any fastening of exhaust regardless of method its just about mating up the pipes and the angles correctly and you shouldn't have an issue.

Thanks for the support, its definitely a process but it keeps me from spending money (besides the bare minimum paint) on the car.

·
Super Moderator
430,518 Posts
oh shit looks like its coming along quite nicely already man, keep it up

·
Super Moderator
430,518 Posts
yeah man im still around, not on as much as i used to be. every once a while i'll log in and just bullshit with you guys haha

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking Good! how come you went turbo rather than supercharged? More power potential? The way the intake manifold and serpentine belt is on these cars its practically begging for a super charger to sit there.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Looking Good! how come you went turbo rather than supercharged? More power potential? The way the intake manifold and serpentine belt is on these cars its practically begging for a super charger to sit there.
Well after my previous rsx build got stolen/returned/totalled, I took the money and bought creepychris's turbo'd rsx which was a deal. I always wanted to S/C an rsx, it's a possibility for my ladys rsx in the future but as of right now it's a low car budget type of scenario. The power is nice but the way I drive all i do is bitch about the mpgs and shitty freeway gearing.

·
Super Moderator
430,518 Posts
lol oh shit you bought that clowns rsx? that is awesome, i saw that he sold it and hoped it went to a solid owner since it was a great build. cool that you grabbed it man

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
lol oh shit you bought that clowns rsx? that is awesome, i saw that he sold it and hoped it went to a solid owner since it was a great build. cool that you grabbed it man
It wasn't ABP but like you said it was a good build....
MAGA; Make Arcticbluealex Great Again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Funny I found your build thread, I was just showing my buddy a video on YouTube of your exhaust setup on your old rsx. I planned on getting an invidia header and the ktuned exhaust and that vid helped make up my mind

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Funny I found your build thread, I was just showing my buddy a video on YouTube of your exhaust setup on your old rsx. I planned on getting an invidia header and the ktuned exhaust and that vid helped make up my mind

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Glad to help out thats what I keep the videos up for, feel sorry for your neighbors though with how loud that exhaust is!

141 - 160 of 199 Posts