·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they? can i just use my js racing torque dampner

·
Registered
270 Posts
They are needed are else you will break your stock mounts in one hard shift .

·
1st Boosted RSX in DFW
529 Posts
How easy are they to install?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
not bad just time consuming. you have to work in a small space for the front and the back is easy except for the downpipe being in the way.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
yeh man that downpipe is a bitch... limited room to work with but its not too bad.. i would recommend the inserts especially with turbo... all that power to the ground and u dont want a broken motor mount :(

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
they work better with a boosted motor. i noticed the difference right away. i also have a quaiffe lsd and some t1-s so that helps alot with traction too. install on the rear is a byotch and a/c vibration is not tooo bad but it's definitly noticable. it's worth the compromise though.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
yeh dont even bother with the dampener... esmm are the shitts! thanks to the mm's i lost about 90% of my tire tread spinning wheels.............

damnit :(

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Without the A/C on, is it even noticeable? Or is it so slight of a vibration that you just get used to it very quickly and don't even notice it? Also, is it true that if you torque the rear mounts down first and then the front mounts that it reduces the vibrations?

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
i did the rears first but i think they vibrate just as much. no, it's not noticable without the a/c on u get used to it. and the vibration happens only at idle not when driving. your shifts are much smoother.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Motor Mounts are needed because the turbo is placed close to the firewall, therefore it is crucial that the engine stays put.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would the torque dampner be sufficient? The idea is for the motor not to move whatsoever - the torque dampner does the same job as the motor mounts....

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
I had the torque dampner for less than 4 months and sold it. To answer your question, YES it does help but not NEARLY as much as the mm's.

Torque Dampner got rid of approx. 30% of wheel hop
while the Motor Mounts got rid of probably 90%

I just practiced some launching two hours ago and notta hop or thump:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Mounts would still be a necessity because it will enable your car to grip the road instead of loosing power to the ground.

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
they are just motor mount inserts which are $30 the whole mounts cost $400+.. the kit that u are talking about includes everything inserts, bushings blah blah blah. Just the inserts..

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
XStremeR said:
I had the torque dampner for less than 4 months and sold it. To answer your question, YES it does help but not NEARLY as much as the mm's.

Torque Dampner got rid of approx. 30% of wheel hop
while the Motor Mounts got rid of probably 90%

I just practiced some launching two hours ago and notta hop or thump:thumbsup:
why would u say the damper gets rid of 30%? how did you measure this? I have the dampner and have been able to launch off the rev limiter without wheel hop.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts