Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I be reading stories where people got their car keyed, scratch, etc etc. Everytime I come back from the mall, work, special events, restaurants, any parking spots, I usually walk around the car and check for any marks, scratches on my car. I even check the car park next to me just incase them people dont be opening their door and hit my car to see if any paints from my car stuck on them.

Am I'm the only who does this? Sometimes I go to the extreme and check area around my tires if any nails, glass, that could pop my tire when I drive out.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
No, I do this too. I got a little sloppy since the winter weather has caused my car to be dirty and I figured it was kind of pointless to do the inspection/walkaround when you can't see anything.

I wish I had been more careful b/c I just received my first dent a few weeks ago during the one week my car was dirty and I was delinquent. :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
i do the same thing...mainly because i have had my car 2 months and there is already 2 door dings from other poeple on the driver side....

and the reason....

if the person that done it is still parked beside me and i can tell they done it....im gonna kick the damn side of there car in and key

"thanks for the door ding" in there hood

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yea, my gf be saying I'm too paranoid. C'mon this is an RSX-S, she dont even know how many people admire and hating on this car. A couple months ago, I lost my "Type-S" sign. Now I'm driving a car only saying "Acura RSX". haha I love pulling away and saw the people who be driving GSR. haha

·
Korican
874 Posts
monkymojo said:
hey i do that too......everybody thinks im on crack
Yeah, folks think that I am obsessed :D

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
oh hell yea, Chilling- dont even worry about this, everyone does it, i kno for a fact i do it!! I even get pissed when a passenger sits down on my leather seats the wrong way, (cracks)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
when the car was still new, you might always check on it.

but after a while, you will began to be lesser worry... cuz if it happens, it happens... its hard to prevent...

once you get the first dent or scratch, you will begin not worry too much about it.

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
Yea, I do it every time. If I get lazy and don't want to walk around the car, I make my girlfriend do it on her side. She thinks I'm a freakshow

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Well me too everytime I go to my car from a parking lot I go around it once just to check... :D

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
I do the visual inspection too but only if I park next to someone. I usually park away from people. I'd rather walk a little farther than park my car close and get dents from other people. People think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
golden rule: park the passenger side against a curb or post. or really far away like I do. If it can't be avoided, like at a packed movie theatre or something, find the newest, nicest car to park by. I am phycho, I actually look for cars with short doors (i.e. jeeps are nice, and never 2-dr b/c longer doors). And most important, I never ever park by some redneck raised big-ass long bed truck. I'm afraid they won't even see my car!!:) & in tight ailes don't park across from a long bed, tahoe, etc. b/c they'll back up into your rear end!!!

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
Good tips...

Usually when I park I try to park next to a curb and park as close to it as possible so that the other car has more than enough room for his door to swing open.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
roxie said:
golden rule: park the passenger side against a curb or post. or really far away like I do. If it can't be avoided, like at a packed movie theatre or something, find the newest, nicest car to park by. I am phycho, I actually look for cars with short doors (i.e. jeeps are nice, and never 2-dr b/c longer doors). And most important, I never ever park by some redneck raised big-ass long bed truck. I'm afraid they won't even see my car!!:) & in tight ailes don't park across from a long bed, tahoe, etc. b/c they'll back up into your rear end!!!
Great minds think alike! Everything you mentioned is all stuff I do, which makes me particularly pissed about the dent I discovered a few weeks ago. :(

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125822

·
Registered
257 Posts
My car is over 2 years old, and I still get paranoid where I park my car. My girl friend gets mad because I park so isolated wherever I go. If I go some where else where the parking spaces are very tight.. I go ahead and use my other car. Its a good thing I have no dents or scratches, but thats the best way. Sometimes parking far away I still get paranoid. Can't stand imperfection on my RSX.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Im the same way about my car. paranoid that ill come out and find a door ding or keyed. I check it everytime i leave it parked outside. my GF hates when I drive because i park far out at the end of the parking lot, and wouldnt you know it some mother with kids has to park right next to me. My last car was leased and for the first 3 years not even a door ding until the last year of the lease. I hope its at least that long for the first dent. but you cant watch it 24-7 just try to decrease yours chances i guess. My next problem is salt, i paranoid that salt on my car right now is rusting it away. i need help

·
Registered
63 Posts
this thread cracks me up becuz its so me..sometimes it's reallie bad we'll be at the club and all i can think about is all these drunk ass people parkin next to my car so ill get my hand stamped and make my friend go with me to check up on it =\ haha i got probz huh??? =D

·
O.G. '02 RSX-S
5,645 Posts
Well, I am pretty paranoid of where my car is parked. In my apt complex, I had it parked under a streetlamp in the front and I come home one day after work to find a nice line ding on the rear 1/4 panel behind the drivers side door, so I start thinking back who dinged it, and linked it to the fag that lives in my apt complex. Needless so say, he got what he deserved for doing that to my car. From now on I park away from everyone else with the guy who just bought a new accord.

·
RSXOG - DC5'in since 2002
363 Posts
I park way the hell out into nowhere :) It seems to work but then for no reason some asshole would park next to you with some ghetto hooptie.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts