Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine sat in gum and didn't realize. Then, I was dropping him off when I noticed a huge wad of gum stuck to my leather seats. Anyone know of a way to get this out?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Is "goof off" the same stuff as goo gone?? I tried looking for goo gone but only found some goof off. Goof off worked pretty well too but smelled terrible...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Cronogoku said:
Is "goof off" the same stuff as goo gone?? I tried looking for goo gone but only found some goof off. Goof off worked pretty well too but smelled terrible...
i think they r the same things....
haha.....goo gone smelled pretty good:laughing:

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
The goo gone that I picked up a while ago for getting crap off of something else was pretty much just charcoal lighter fluid. Smelled the same, and burned the same. Mmm... fire... but i digress... I've since found that traditional lighter fluid costs less, and seems to do the same job. Anyone know if there is an actual difference that makes the goo gone better?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
citrus ?

·
whAAAAht's happennin'
3,943 Posts
Ice. Try to freeze it. Make it brittle then chip it off. Or rather, it should flake off.

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
OOHHHHHHHHHH YEAH!

Derek's post reminded me of something.

I one time got a bunch of gum all over my pants, and this weird-textured shirt, after sitting down somewhere I shouldn't have. Anyway, what I did to get it out, was used one of those cans of compressed air.

If you turn one of these cans of compressed air upside down and spray it, then this cold fog comes out. If you just *barely* squeeze the trigger though, you can get it to drip out of the little straw at the end of it. So I turned the can upside down, dripped the liquid onto the gum, and you can basically flake it right off, like Derek said. I didn't have luck with the ice thing, so this seemed like the next best idea. Dunno how it might affect the leather though... but it worked great on clothes.

And hey, if you turn it right side up and take a hit off of it, you can have a wicked buzz while you're cleaning your car! :eek: j/k

G

·
GOO GONE IS NOT IS NOT IS NOT GOOF OFF

OMGGGGG don't even put goof off on your seats.......that stuff will eat through everything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts