Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Ducky Wucky ~ L.H.C # 15
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i parked under a tree during school. come out and i see millions of hair pin sized dots on my car. tree sap!! i washed and waxed my car but still they wont go away. what do i do?

·
Ducky Wucky ~ L.H.C # 15
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ripping VTEC said:
use some sort of citrus spray. a few sprays of citrus and wipe it up with a towel should get it right off.
citrus spray?? do they make stuff like that for cars?

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
i have heard that pine sol will work, although don't try it until some of the car care gurus give their opinion.
claybar will def work. don't be afraid, they are very easy to use.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
hot soapy water will work fine as a lubricant...the hotter the better

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
claybar ftw... its just a peice of clay.. give it some lube and glide it around... you won't hurt the paint

·
Registered
223 Posts
theres some weird yellow crap on my car that won't come off the hood as well, i got it in the summer when i first purchased my car.
my cars nighthawk black pearl... would that be tree sap?! cuz i never knew what it was, and now im living with some weird yellow crap on it. pisses me off everytime.

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
wooters: probably either tree sap or the gel-glue residue on your car when you first purchased it. when they transfer cars from dealer to dealer, they put a protective film over it and it has that gel-glue on it.

threadstarter: if you're afraid, have someone that knows how to do it to teach you. either that or try using hot water like mentioned. u can try using vegetable oil to loosen up the sap on your car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hm, gel glue huh?

does it come off or what? I'm going to try some of the stuff suggested on this page, wish me luck. :noes: thanks for the info.

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
I have mine stuck onto my car and I cannot get it off. It seems to be really dry and stuck onto the fender. It doesn't bother me too much, I'd rather not get it off and end up having a bigger problem than that mark. Might rip off some paint. Hopefully, that isn't the case with you.

But yeah, good luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
seth812 said:
i've also heard wd-40 works well
true story, but make sure you use that as a last option.....

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
clay is what your gonna need. and yes you can harm your paint with clay so its not AS EASY as most people make it out to be but it is easy to use. just make sure you use a lot of lubrication, reknead the clay often, and dont press too hard. you will feel the clay picking up the sap and contaminants and as it gets more off, there will be less resistant. keep doing it until no resistance and make sure you then wax your car after you clay it

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hahah umm, mines pretty bad.

it's like RIGhT on the hood of my car, about two drops of it... one maybe the size of a pinky, just slightly smaller... and the other just a drop. It's in there pretty good too and it doesn't look like it'll come out. I'll try and take some pictures so you guys can see it. Seriously sucks. =/ Yours is on the fender hm? Damn, at least its not in a really noticeable spot. I guess " clay barring the helll out of tree sapped hood " mission will be coming soon. Will keep you guys posted. =P

·
Registered
176,695 Posts
xlostx999x said:
ok

$5 at CVS or WALGREENS or WALMART can get u the best shitz ever.

GOO GONE. I know it works, it even removes those stupid ahesive

i was gonna suggest that...that thing works wonders :thumbsup:

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Try stoners tarminator spray it on let it sit for about 15, 20 seconds then wipe with towel. Or your rubbing alcohol should disolve it right off. eather way wash the car agin after using one of these methods.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts