Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dammit, I thought they would last longer than this...I've had H3 Silverstars in my low beams ever since I got my projectors (a few months), and tonight my dad decided to take my car out instead of the pimpin' '95 Corolla :laughing: and just as he left I noticed that the passenger side bulb was out. but I can't afford HIDs right now, so I've decided to try out SPP superwhites (I have the SPP H11s in my foglights). they come with a 1 year warranty...but then again, so did the Silverstars. ARGH :firemad: :jigglemad Hopefully they'll last a few more months, until I can get enough money for HIDs...

I've also decided to go back to my DIY JDM housings instead of keeping the projectors on (I just think they look a lot cleaner on the RSX...especially during the day), so I'll have those for sale in the next week or two :spin: I'll put up pics of the new bulbs as soon as I get them installed!

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Join the club, silverstars suck!!

Be sure to call Sylvania and get a refund.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll call them tomorrow; do they ask for both bulbs back or just the one that burned out or what? I'm assuming you've done this before...

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
I called to get a replacement on the first bulb, but then the second bulb blew before the replacement arrived. I called them again and sent all three back. Still waiting for my card to be credited though...

·
Registered
677 Posts
philips blue visions...

works good, lasts long time. i've recently ordered spp ion yellow h11 for my fogs. i hope they last as long as my philips blue visions which are still going strong after? i guess it's good when you can't remember when you put them in...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update...my driverside Silverstar burned out last night...so now I have to drive around with my brights on until my SPP bulbs come in. argh :firemad:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how much to sell them for actually...I think most people get theirs for around $275-300 w/ shipping...but the bulbs they come with are shit.

And I'm gonna get replacement Silverstars from Sylvania, so when I sell mine they'll come with brand new Silverstar H3 bulbs...which are about $22 a piece. I'll put a For Sale post up in the For Sale forums in a week or two, after I've called Sylvania. I'll post on here when that's up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my silverstars in for about 2 weeks before the passenger side blew...

I called Silvania about it, gave them my name (I had ordered the bulbs directly from them). They told me to just mail the burnt one(s) back to them along with the receipt for the replacements.

Since then, I've gone through 4 different silverstars (only actually paying for 1 since the rest were all returns to the local auto store). Surprise, surprise, I had a full credit to my credit card for the original purchase... and I never sent anything to them. Not quite sure how they did that, but I won't complain.

Also, if you need the address on where to send your bulbs back it's:
Osram Sylvania
Att: Customer Service
275 W. Main St.
Hillsboro, NH 03244

·
Homer says....
2,496 Posts
yea one of my silverstar burned out in less than 2 months:firemad: Great looking and bright bulbs, but not worth my $30 every two months, will NEVER buy them again:shakehead Now I have Nokya Arctic Whites, not as bright as the silverstars but much whiter and looks awesome:thumbsup: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts