spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#22 VTEC System Malfunction

#41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

#41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction

#41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Signal Stuck Lean

I believe these are the codes being thrown. I don't hvae a laptop currently, so I couldn't pull the codes using Kpro, but I used the paperclip method.

Any suggestions? Both problems came up during night driving (could be a coincidence), I've gotten these CELs come on twice during the past week. It would go away after I restarted the car.. and it came back on 4 days later (last night)

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
yer primary o2 sensor is dead. time to buy a new one.

·
Canon Crew
12,127 Posts
boredfast said:
#22 VTEC System Malfunction

#41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction

#41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Malfunction

#41 Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Signal Stuck Lean

I believe these are the codes being thrown. I don't hvae a laptop currently, so I couldn't pull the codes using Kpro, but I used the paperclip method.

Any suggestions? Both problems came up during night driving (could be a coincidence), I've gotten these CELs come on twice during the past week. It would go away after I restarted the car.. and it came back on 4 days later (last night)
VTEC sensor malfunction! wow, that doesnt sound good at all.

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any suggestions for #22? I was thinking that for #41.

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah no shit. at least the 2nd gear grind doesnt happen too much now :rolleyes:

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
how long has it been since you installed your kit?

CJ

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kit came on the car, which i bought may 14th. codes started coming on last week.

FYI, it's a greddy kit running through the stock exhaust system.. Stock boost, KPRO, 440, Greddy FMIC..

this is what I get for buying a modded car :rolleyes:

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On another note, while installing a new oil line (the greddy one died), I disconnected 3 harness plugs on what I believe is the VTEC solenoid assembly. I plugged them back in after the install, and put some additional heat wrap material on them.. Check them over agian today and they all seemed fine and nicely tight

·
2,524 Posts
boredfast said:
kit came on the car, which i bought may 14th. codes started coming on last week.

FYI, it's a greddy kit running through the stock exhaust system.. Stock boost, KPRO, 440, Greddy FMIC..

this is what I get for buying a modded car :rolleyes:

A couple of things:

First, check the wiring on the VTEC selnoid wiring for heat damage or a possible disconnection to the harness. Make sure all the wires in and around the VTEC selenoid are not damaged and are properly heat wrapped.

Then, check your primary and secondary O2S for possible damage. You might of run over something and damaged one of the wires. It is also possible that your O2S wire came loose from the harness, but highly unlikely. Check all the wires for damage. If you find no wiring problems and have a helms manual, i suggest you follow the instructions to troubleshoot a faulty O2S and replace if nessicary.

CJ

·
2,524 Posts
boredfast said:
On another note, while installing a new oil line (the greddy one died), I disconnected 3 harness plugs on what I believe is the VTEC solenoid assembly. I plugged them back in after the install, and put some additional heat wrap material on them.. Check them over agian today and they all seemed fine and nicely tight

it is on the passanger side of the block just under the valve cover. The VTEC selenoid has a metal heatsheild around it and is held onto the block with 3 bolts in a triangular pattern.

CJ

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, its located on the pass side, I'm not sure how it's mounted onto the block, but a triangular 3 bolt pattern sounds right.. it's a bit up and closer to the pass side than the T'd off oil feed to the turbo.

I looked them over today and they look completely fine. pushed them in a bit more and they wont budge. virtually no wiring is exposed, and I have heat wrapping material all over it.

As far as the primary O2 goes, I will check it. Will the car throw a code for the secondary? I have a copy of the service manual in PDF. I'm not sure there are any diagnostic procedures in this one.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
were these codes on when I saw you at the last 949 meet?? Give me a pm, i can meet up with you and look your car over. My name is john, I know I talked to you at the last 949 meet.

·
2,524 Posts
boredfast said:
yeah, its located on the pass side, I'm not sure how it's mounted onto the block, but a triangular 3 bolt pattern sounds right.. it's a bit up and closer to the pass side than the T'd off oil feed to the turbo.

I looked them over today and they look completely fine. pushed them in a bit more and they wont budge. virtually no wiring is exposed, and I have heat wrapping material all over it.

As far as the primary O2 goes, I will check it. Will the car throw a code for the secondary? I have a copy of the service manual in PDF. I'm not sure there are any diagnostic procedures in this one.
Hmm, you may be dealing with a bad VTEC selenoid. I don't think i have ever encountered on though. Rare indeed!! Double check everything again.

I think it's a bit odd that you are getting all these DTC's at once.

CJ

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm 95% sure I've read the codes correctly, I want to get someone w/ a laptop to help me pull the codes first to verify. I have the USB cable, but I've heard that the cable itself has some issues (something about needing a filter).. so I hope that isn't the case..

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lance,

forgot to mention the car runs completely TOTALLY fine. Idle kinda bounced around from 500-900 a few times the first time the CEL came on (little less than 2 weeks ago) I can't entirely hear or feel the VTEC changeover (which i believe is 5200 rpms on the hondata basemap) but with a turbo, its constantly pulling hard so.. :/

·
spicy
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ricky, my vtak fell off :(

but ..i knew you loved the buttsech :cool:

:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts