Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These pistons are 10:1cr with an 86mm crank. We have 6.250" Cunningham rods that will be used with these pistons in a K24 block. This will be the foundation for the high rpm, high boost testbed for our next motor.

-Ron

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.85:1 rod stroke ratio....

10,500rpm capable

We'll see what the turbo maxes out at, as well as the other components. To make power that high, we'd need to run an open 4"+ downpipe or something with a HUGE GT45R turbo.

-Ron

· Registered
715 Posts
edo said:

10,500rpm capable

We'll see what the turbo maxes out at, as well as the other components. To make power that high, we'd need to run an open 4"+ downpipe or something with a HUGE GT45R turbo.

-Ron
Interesting. So do you base your rpm capabilities only on Rod/stroke ratio? What about Feet per Second/minute? (Or more specific with tensile strength and G force calculations) etc...

Just curious what math you used to come up with the 10,500 rpm limit.?

NOT naysaying. Just curious...

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All three are considered, plus others. The 10,500rpm is realistic given the component selection, preparation and intended application. Capability and making power at that rpm are entirely separate issues and should not be read to mean the same thing.

-Ron

· I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
edo said:

10,500rpm capable

-Ron
Wow... That will surpass the R/S Ratio of the B16B!!! That engine will rev so smooth!!!

Ideal choice.

Who forged the crank you are using?

-JMS

· Ur Post Count Means Nada!
1,904 Posts
edo said:
Honda. Stock 86mm RSX-S crank with some massaging. K24 block with 6.250" long rods.

-Ron
What will be displacement be with that combo ron? Do you know for the formula for calculating it off hand? I dont want to have to ask peeps all the time.
Thanks man.
-Jalal

· Ur Post Count Means Nada!
1,904 Posts
Not to sound like a complete retard, but it looks like you are just doing this to get the perfect r/s ratio. I dont know why else you would destroke a K24 to get just a tad over 2-liters. Am i missing something here?
-Jalal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.