Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roommate recently told me that Armor All products for interior car slowly but surely corrode the plastic or whatever material it you are cleaning. He said that is why sometimes you have those lines on the airbag panel of the passenger side... I was curious so I looked at my recently Armor-All'd dash, and my passenger side airbag panel has got this line going across it that I'm not sure was there before.

If this is true, then Armor All products are seriously faulty since their products would be doing damage instead of vice versa. I doubt my friend's words, but I haven't done research to discredit him. Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Every time someone brings up how bad Armorall is, it's ALWAYS "I heard" or "a guy I know says" blah, blah, blah. I have never ONCE ever heard someone who could personally verify that Armorall damaged a surface on their car. It's urban legend. Armorall might not be the best product out there, but until I see first hand verification of damage caused by it, I say it's all just furthering a bad rumor. Armoral will not damage anything. I've used it for years on different cars and NEVER had any damage. Show me proof, otherwise, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silver Mule said:
Every time someone brings up how bad Armorall is, it's ALWAYS "I heard" or "a guy I know says" blah, blah, blah. I have never ONCE ever heard someone who could personally verify that Armorall damaged a surface on their car. It's urban legend. Armorall might not be the best product out there, but until I see first hand verification of damage caused by it, I say it's all just furthering a bad rumor. Armoral will not damage anything. I've used it for years on different cars and NEVER had any damage. Show me proof, otherwise, don't worry about it.
Yeah, I was just wondering because when someone tells you that a product you've been using starts to do stuff, you begin to notice things that you didn't before just because of the fact that you become more aware, you know? That line across my passenger side airbag panel may have been there when I drove my RSX out of the lot, but I could have just noticed it now because after my friend told me about Armor All, I started to "look" for instances where the rumor could be true. Thanks for the reply anyway. Cheers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ive used armor all for years..so have 98% of us since it was the first product of its kind for so long.

the only bad experience Ive witnessed is it will destroy leather. whatever you do, dont use basic armor all on leather. they make a leather conditioner that works very well.. leaves the leather clean, dry and very supple.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I don't think you want to use any other kind of product on your leather than the ones that are made specifically to clean leather. I use Leather Care Plus... I think it's a generic product but it works very well and leaves my black bucket seats with an awesome shine.

Do any of you guys get little pieces of dust/pebble in the perforations of your seats? How do you get em out? I wanna use a pin but that's risky should I slip...

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
I used it in the old Tercel and it browned and faded... nothing got brittle or destroyed, but it had a distinct brown tinge to it and it was noticably lighter.

Now it could be just the type of plastic in the car, it could be that ArmorAll has updated their formula, it could be a number of things, but I switched off ArmorAll after that.

·
Mac Addict
270 Posts
I've never had a problem with ArmorAll damaging anything or causeing cracks or corrosion. The glass cleaner is probably the streakiest stuff I've ever used on windows (but smelled really good, don't ask) though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts