Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyes, decided to give my k20z1 a refresh. Everything came apart perfectly. Just finished building the head. No issues there, planning on a cometic head gasket, arp head studs, new rings and fresh bearings. Again all simple stuff there. This isnt my first engine build (never did a k series) but i have a solid idea on what im doing.
Im sure theres a ton of info about this on the internet, maybe im just missing something or overthinking? Theres just one thing, no matter how much i search i just cant seem to get a straight answer on this. Can you use arp rod bolts
(Specifically 208-6003) on stock rods? And if so how should i go about tightening them, has anyone had good luck doing this? Ive already done a fair amount of research. I understand that theyre torque to yeild bolts and need to be streched in order to achieve proper clamping force. Have all the specs for the bolts themselves directly from arp, just wanted to get some advice for using them specifically in stock k20 rods. Not really trying to warp a rod cap or have the bolts back out on me and loose an engine. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts