Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For SoCal members mainly ... I just saw a report on the news that the ash from these fires is HORRIBLE for our paint. It is apparently highly acidic. Luckily I've washed my car already once this week, and will again tonight.

The ash is also horrible for our air filters, and dust and pollen filters, even moreso I'm sure for those of us with CAI's and SRI's.

The "expert" they talked to recommended changing or cleaning all car filters as soon as the fire problem goes away. I definitely plan on pulling my CAI and cleaning it as soon as this wack shit stops.

-nurb2-

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Wow, that stinks...didn't realize ash was that harmful.

My heart goes out to all you guys in Cali, especially those have lost homes and/or loved ones. :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
nurb2 said:
For SoCal members mainly ... I just saw a report on the news that the ash from these fires is HORRIBLE for our paint. It is apparently highly acidic. Luckily I've washed my car already once this week, and will again tonight.

The ash is also horrible for our air filters, and dust and pollen filters, even moreso I'm sure for those of us with CAI's and SRI's.

The "expert" they talked to recommended changing or cleaning all car filters as soon as the fire problem goes away. I definitely plan on pulling my CAI and cleaning it as soon as this wack shit stops.

-nurb2-
Hey let us know hows is your CAI looking. I cleaned and reoiled the filter just a week before, dunno if i should do it again.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll let you know. I plan on cleaning and reoiling it this weekend. I was already curious to know how dirty the thing got being so close to the road anyway and I'm sure the ash made it worse.

-nurb2-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts