Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2007 Posts

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All the other forums have one, so hopefully this will help with the stupid do I need a camber kit threads.....

Please read the FAQ in the sticky section

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓&
13,945 Posts
question. I'm dropped on tein ss-p's and I have ingalls camber kit. I went to get an alignment and my front tires are still getting worn out to the wires. I figure it was a shitty alignment but I want to know if it could be anything else. Also my steering wheel shacks vigirously

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol here we go, what's up Rob

·
Slow in Fast out
2,884 Posts
question. I'm dropped on tein ss-p's and I have ingalls camber kit. I went to get an alignment and my front tires are still getting worn out to the wires. I figure it was a shitty alignment but I want to know if it could be anything else. Also my steering wheel shacks vigirously

Richard,
Your wheels are unbalanced, causing the steering wheel to shake. Now is the entire tire wearing or just the inside half? If the entire tire is wearing, you have a toe issue. If you have too much toe-out, the car is going to be unstable at high speeds and wander under the brakes. If you have too much toe-in, the car will be very "darty" under the brakes, entering corners, or over bumps.
Too much negative camber will burn the inside of the tires overtime.

Who did your alignment?

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓&
13,945 Posts
Richard,
Your wheels are unbalanced, causing the steering wheel to shake. Now is the entire tire wearing or just the inside half? If the entire tire is wearing, you have a toe issue. If you have too much toe-out, the car is going to be unstable at high speeds and wander under the brakes. If you have too much toe-in, the car will be very "darty" under the brakes, entering corners, or over bumps.
Too much negative camber will burn the inside of the tires overtime.

Who did your alignment?
some rinky dink shop did it. No it only wears on the inside right side the most. The middle wears but on the right side is where the wires start to expose

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
some rinky dink shop did it. No it only wears on the inside right side the most. The middle wears but on the right side is where the wires start to expose
if the tire wear is only happening on one side of the car, then its not a toe issue.

Start looking for worn bushings, bad wheel bearings, worn dampers and the like.

1 - 20 of 2007 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.