Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 1983 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks, i heard of that switch b4 when u have to step on the pedal down to activate. There is a switch below the pedal right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could wire it up under the pedal, but I don't know if I'd recommend that. Just hook it to the throttle body under the hood.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
exactly. don't do it under your foot. get your buddy to sit in your car....... have him push the gas down. You'll see the movement on the throttle body. then just mount it inside there, so that it's depressed when the pedal is to the floor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This thread have been useful thanks. Now I'm ready to go find a kit and find a shop with good experience in installing nitrous.

tuan

·
Registered
865 Posts
about the window switch..its really to stop nitrous if u miss shift or accidently floored in at low rpms with the system activated b/c say ur wot switch got stuck on activation while ur not at wot..u basically blew ur motor regardless if u have the window switch b/c most people set the pills at 3000-7900rpms. and b/c the wot switch is stuck it will keep on spraying while slowing down or whatnot. Does this make sense?

this also brings up something i had wondered about, say u want to use nitrous in a race, is it ok to just floor it and then active the whole system when u want to use it? so once u activate the system it would spray right away while u had it at wot, is that ok?

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's EXACTLY how I've always used my system. I like the CFM to be flowin'.... it's much safer this way. Plus, it's cool cuz you already have the pedal on the floor, and you flip the arm and..... seeyaaaa.... haha - like a "flip-on kick-in-the-pants". :)

I have tried the "already be armed and mash the pedal down" method on the dyno, and it blew my intake clean off. It was entirely my fault, because I wanted to see what would happen, but I didn't have the rpms high enough, and the chain-reaction of not enough cfm and the n2o trying to get into the cylinders just didn't work out.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
no, thats because you were a n00b, activating too low.

see az's number 3 piston for result.

the mash method is exactly the same, providing your wot switch kicks in RIGHT AT WOT. you can drive around armed all the time, just don't put it that last 1/8 inch down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
so....u blew ur motor or just the intake..and thats b/c it was already armed and u just floored it?
just the intake.

no, thats because you were a n00b, activating too low.
:) Hmm.. it wasn't the only factor. The bottle being nearly empty also contributed. I thought 3500 would be ok, but it wasn't, and I'm still convinced I would have been ok if my TB would have been flowing max cfm at those rpms, because I've sprayed lower than that with no ill-effects with the other method. I also think that vtec being activated on the intake side and not on the exhaust side doesn't help the situation when mashing the pedal while armed.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
see, you make me wonder, because, i've never had any kind of issues, again 4000 is my low rpm pill.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got few questions here.
is the Nos bottle removable anytime??
Can I turn the switch on/off while i'm driving??

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have two questions here.
Is the nos bottle removable anytime??
Can I turn on/off the switch button while i'm driving?
How can I know the my Nos kit is either wet or dry?

thanks

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
a dry kit will only have a nitrous selenoid.

a wet kit will have a fuel and a nitrous selenoid both. Unless you're gonna do something elaborate, you only want to run a wet kit on the rsx.

edit: if you get into 9 miles of dry stuff, i'm no help, never used a dry kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
a dry kit will only have a nitrous selenoid.

a wet kit will have a fuel and a nitrous selenoid both. Unless you're gonna do something elaborate, you only want to run a wet kit on the rsx.

edit: if you get into 9 miles of dry stuff, i'm no help, never used a dry kit.
how do u recognize the dry and wet kit?
since I got the NOS kit and i still don't know which type is this?

thaks

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
Before i ask my question i wanna ask that no one comments on which model rsx i have, i've heard it more than enough and "why didnt you just get a type-s" is completely irrelevant to my question. Having said that, can you safely use nitrous on a base auto rsx? and if so what would need to be upgraded to make sure it is safe? Thank you!

21 - 40 of 1983 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.