Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 1983 Posts

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
yes, you can, but you need to set your max goals long before you ever spray, i'd advise nothing over 75, even though az ran 125 when he shot piston #3 out the side of the block in his base auto.

·
Sir Loin
142 Posts
Im sorry, scratch that question, lol. I just found my answer in another thread.

·
Registered
865 Posts
it seems that alot of the nitrous guys are using denso ik22 plugs. i want to use NGK b/c it would be alot easier for me to get at my local performance shops, does anyone know the part # for the NGK plugs?

also what are the recommend gaps for the plugs?

·
Registered
135 Posts
A few questions along the lines of the K-pro and Nitrous.. (lets assume dry kit)

You would basically be running the hondata #4 program before spraying, then you can retard timing and dump fuel when spraying?

I noticed you can trigger the nitrous on throttle position, rpm, and speed.. SO you could not spray in first if wanted?

Lets say you want to turn the nitrous off, you obviously close the bottle, but do you have to hook your lap top back up and put in the hondata 4 program so you don't run rich as hell at WOT...
granted it would only be a couple seconds, but you still have to lug your lap top around..

Would this take spraying on the fly out.. since you need to load a different program.. instead of just arming the switch and opening the bottle (in a wet kit set-up)??

Or could you hook some type of program switch button up to k-pro or would the lap top always be needed??

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yes,

yes,

the nitrous is still enabled with a switch, when the switch isn't on, you can't spray.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
yes,

yes,

the nitrous is still enabled with a switch, when the switch isn't on, you can't spray.
cool,
cool,

yeah I understand that.. but when the switch is off, the ecu is still running on the same rules as it had under nitrous.. thus when you hit a certain rpm, at a certain speed, at cartain throttle, bang, your running rich as hell, the ecu doesn't 'know' you not spraying anything...

or does the ecu 'know' and run a different program??

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
no, as i understand the program, it runs the #4, or whatever setting you have all the time..... but has an option to swap to another map when nitrous is engaged.

thats how i understand it from their info.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
no, as i understand the program, it runs the #4, or whatever setting you have all the time..... but has an option to swap to another map when nitrous is engaged.

thats how i understand it from their info.
wow, thats cool...

That also makes sense from an RTOS point of view.. It would be easy to switch maps on a discreet coming in...

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I heard from many threads that 50 shot is not enough and 75 shot is better. So if you switch to 75 shots would you need to upgrade anything other than colder plugs?

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
SuperSlowRsx said:
I heard from many threads that 50 shot is not enough and 75 shot is better. So if you switch to 75 shots would you need to upgrade anything other than colder plugs?
Don't even need colder plugs.
50 shot is fun and a good point to start at. It's not like your not going to notice the 50 shot spraying.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
exactly. 50 shot is a decent shot, but as you get bigger, naturally you'll notice it more :laughing:

and no, nothing even needed...... i've said this a few hundred times..... people have and do run 125 on stock everything, including plugs. Do i reccommend it? no. 50-75 on a stage colder is about as idiotproof as you're gonna get. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
k20a3

what plugs do i use for the Civic Si with an 80 shot? if you guys could, can you give me the part number or the acutal name? thanks. i appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
if you're simply wantin to run some nitrous, you want a wet kit. Check out the stickies and a few of the threads around here, they got some great info.

a dry kit can only be run with fairly serious modifications (or a k-series programmable ecu).

nx + nos are basically identical components, and most people are runnin one of those two kits.

·
WOT shift foh lyfe!
644 Posts
this is the biggest nitrous noob question ever....

alright, so theoretically, i've just bought a NX wet kit from the clubRSX store. i've never used nitrous before and am not that familiar with it. i want to run as safe as possible, with around a 75shot. what do i need?

so far, what i've come up with is the window switch, remote bottle opener, pressure guage, and bottle warmer. would anything else be recommended?

also, i've just installed(and spent good money) on some Bosch +4 plugs. would these be suitable for my application of nitrous?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You've pretty much got it all... I would personally skip the remote bottle opener just for the fact that you may be more tempted to overuse the juice! Especially if your planning on just using it for the track... If you plan to use it all the time then it would be a handy tool...

The window switch is a nice safety device that will prevent you from going into fuel cut abd blowing your motor... Deffinate plus for a first time user!

The pressure guage is a must for any nitrous system, and the bottle opener is mandatory for solid N2O shots especially if you live in a colder climate...

Id recomend a front mount fuel pressure gauge and a N2O pressure gauge so you always can keep an eye on what your system is doing...Also a blow down tube is a great safety device that will alow you too run on most tracks without any problems.

For plugs I'd use a step cooler NGK and Ive heard some Irrdiums work well... Just make sure you keep an eye on them!!! I am not sure if those specific plugs work well on the RSX as Ive only owed mine for a couple of months, so just try a search... That may help you out.

Adam

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
VanCityk20a2 said:
You've pretty much got it all... I would personally skip the remote bottle opener just for the fact that you may be more tempted to overuse the juice! Especially if your planning on just using it for the track... If you plan to use it all the time then it would be a handy tool...

The window switch is a nice safety device that will prevent you from going into fuel cut abd blowing your motor... Deffinate plus for a first time user!

The pressure guage is a must for any nitrous system, and the bottle opener is mandatory for solid N2O shots especially if you live in a colder climate...

Id recomend a front mount fuel pressure gauge and a N2O pressure gauge so you always can keep an eye on what your system is doing...Also a blow down tube is a great safety device that will alow you too run on most tracks without any problems.

For plugs I'd use a step cooler NGK and Ive heard some Irrdiums work well... Just make sure you keep an eye on them!!! I am not sure if those specific plugs work well on the RSX as Ive only owed mine for a couple of months, so just try a search... That may help you out.

Adam
wow, we've taught this guy well :thumbsup:

i think you meant bottle WARMER instead of opener for colder climates though ;)

as with him, i'm not familiar with your specific plug. I'm runnin one stage colder, ik 24's.

41 - 60 of 1983 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.