Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to start to run Nitrous in my rsx. I was wondering if anyone company is more reliable or better for parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so i, looking in to 75 wet shot and i was wondering if i could drill and tap the throttle body spacer and put the fogger into that? or where should i put the fogger?

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
so i, looking in to 75 wet shot and i was wondering if i could drill and tap the throttle body spacer and put the fogger into that? or where should i put the fogger?
You could. Its better to have it 6-18" away from the TB, but you want the IAT sensor to be before the nozzle (on the filter side of it).

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
There are plenty of people that run E85 and nitrous. Just as long as you have your fuel correct then you'll be just fine. E85 is a great fuel for forced induction as it burns a lot cooler.
Cooler, it has a better octane level so you can run more ignition, and its just more stable so you dont have pre-detonation ...id love to switch over but theres only one gas station around here and its about a 20min drive away but its only $2.90 a gallon!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Cooler, it has a better octane level so you can run more ignition, and its just more stable so you dont have pre-detonation ...id love to switch over but theres only one gas station around here and its about a 20min drive away but its only $2.90 a gallon!!!
have you heard of anyone having problems with e85 and corrosion?

·
Cheez Whiz
10 Posts
You could. Its better to have it 6-18" away from the TB, but you want the IAT sensor to be before the nozzle (on the filter side of it).
I just ordered the PowerRev throttle body spacer. In it's description it talks about the pre-drilled hole that you can port nitrous through. Thats when in started hunting for information.....

I know that it is usually recommended to have the port located further up the intake, but dont quite understand why. If you begin to spray at a high enough RPM (recommended 4k or above) isnt there enough vacuum and flow to get the mix proper?

Looking to understand how or why the IAC sensor comes in to play (as i have everything apart to clean it because i ran into the common RPM fluctuation issue). Why would an idle sensor effect nitrous spraying at WOT?

If you can do direct port, why is a tap in at the throttle body spacer not ideal?

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
I just ordered the PowerRev throttle body spacer. In it's description it talks about the pre-drilled hole that you can port nitrous through. Thats when in started hunting for information.....

I know that it is usually recommended to have the port located further up the intake, but dont quite understand why. If you begin to spray at a high enough RPM (recommended 4k or above) isnt there enough vacuum and flow to get the mix proper?

Looking to understand how or why the IAC sensor comes in to play (as i have everything apart to clean it because i ran into the common RPM fluctuation issue). Why would an idle sensor effect nitrous spraying at WOT?

If you can do direct port, why is a tap in at the throttle body spacer not ideal?
The reason why you want it farther away with a single fogger system is so the nitrous has more time to spread inside the manifold. If spraying it to close the nitrous will shoot more towards the left side of the manifold and will cause bad distribution. Direct port is good cause each individual runner is getting an equal amount of nitrous, so there is no worry about equal distribution of nitrous ya digg lol.

·
Song Ve Lon
154 Posts
I have direct port on my car and will soon to add the ais system(on waiting list from the company) into it..once I receive the system I will get it tune in a week or 2 so I can get it tune when spraying together ...

Currently spraying 100shot ..will bump it up once the ais system come in ..

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
just a quick question, is anyone running nitrous with a built motor? (11.5+ CR, on pump gas/93)

i've been building an all motor setup(planning on 12.5CR, CRSX package deal), recently i've been thinking about maybe a 75-100 shot on top of it too, but i didn't want to go any lower than a 11.5CR. there's an e85 pump about 10min from me, so that'd be cool on e85, except where the track is, there isn't an e85 pump within 30min.

1 - 20 of 360 Posts