Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 360 Posts

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
I don't have a diagram, but it's pretty easy to do. I forget which wire is the rpm signal wire, but I'm sure it's on here somwhere. You're just gonna have to search for it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What kind of window are you running? Im on the stock plugs. Suggestions? Probally will go with the Zex wet kit.

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
I'm using K-pro. 4 years ago before I had Kpro I was spraying a wet kit with an MSD Digital RPM Window Switch. If I was you I would go with a Dynotune Wet kit, and the MSD Digital RPM Window Switch. The ZEX unit makes things more difficult to hook up with a Window Switch.

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
As for plugs you can run 1-step colder and that should be fine. I forget the part # but like everything else it's listed here somewhere.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm using K-pro. 4 years ago before I had Kpro I was spraying a wet kit with an MSD Digital RPM Window Switch. If I was you I would go with a Dynotune Wet kit, and the MSD Digital RPM Window Switch. The ZEX unit makes things more difficult to hook up with a Window Switch.
Im guessing the Dynotune,NX, NOS, all kits are basically the same?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've used it 5 or 6 times... Nice kick with the 65 shot. I haven't used it since getting the Hondata race header reflash.... It's not recommended...you looking to purchase a kit?
I got a question... I don't no much about K-pro, I pretty much buy what my mechanics @ the shop would recommend for my car to be more of a beast. I'm also running on a ZEX wet shot... Is Hondata race header reflash the same as a Hondata K-pro? Will I be able to tune my car with NO2 and k-pro?

·
Nikon & Nitrous Crew
2,055 Posts
Nice. My bottle has a slow leak, is this pretty common, how do you fix it?
What do you mean by a slow leak? If you leave the bottle open all the time then yes the nitrous will slowly leak out through the fittings in the lines. If you mean that your bottle is actually leaking while the valve is closed then no that is not normal. It could be your burst disc fitting is loose and leaking, or if you have ports on your bottle valve one of them could be leaking. I filled a bottle for a guy today and as soon as I opened the valve to fill the bottle it started leaking around his burst disc. I tightened it and it still poured out, so I pulled the fitting. His burst disc was completely blown out. I walk out and ask him when was the last time the bottle had nitrous in it. He says it's been a while, so I tell him that the burst disc was blown. He says,"Yeah, had a problem with a bottle heater staying on." Would of been nice to know that before hand, but luckily I had a spare so we fixed him up and filled his bottle.

I got a question... I don't no much about K-pro, I pretty much buy what my mechanics @ the shop would recommend for my car to be more of a beast. I'm also running on a ZEX wet shot... Is Hondata race header reflash the same as a Hondata K-pro? Will I be able to tune my car with NO2 and k-pro?
Reflash advances timing and is not tunable. It's also not recommended to run nitrous with advanced timing, so stay away from either of the reflashes with nitrous. K-pro will allow you to control the nitrous, tune the nitrous fueling, and retard timing, as well as activation parameters such as rpm, mph, and knock control to shut off the nitrous if a certain number of knocks is detected while it's spraying. I have mine set to a max knock count of 3. So far I've only seen 1 single knock in all the datalogs of my nitrous tuning on my car.

·
10 Wheels > 4 Wheels
487 Posts
I have a ?... If I'm running nitrous, I should I only use it on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears or can it be used on all gears?
Technically you can use it on all gears, but I don't see much point using it past 3rd unless you are doing a highway roll.

·
2005base
32 Posts
Chiming in: Ive got a question. I have a 2005 base auto with 129.5k on motor and tranny. The motor was never past 4k rpm until 116k miles. I have a zex wet kit laying around and wouldn't mine throwing it on to see what the a3 can do. It's my DD, and runs/drives very well for 130k. What should i check before EVER thinking about installing and running a 50 shot (for safety and reliability reasons)? I understand it's not reliable, but more of a prayer, but I'd like to have some peace at mind.

**I have searched already, but the threads are old and I don't feel satisfied going by articles from 5 years ago**

281 - 300 of 360 Posts