Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
hella slow
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most recent photo

Progress Starts Below
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got the car for my birthday ( 16th )

Dad bought the car and I've been paying for everything else since.
The biggest pocket hitter was when my clutch exploded ( faulty clutch install ) blew the transmission casing, oil pan, and damaged the starter.
Ended up getting a new clutch, rebuilt tranny, new oil pan, new starter, and a rental car for the time I was without a car.

Since then I've gotten 25mm spacers and fixed my trunk leak with the taillight gasket

Got into an accident! :noes: I was following too close and the driver didn't see a car on the side of the road and brakes suddenly. My car was low at the time (Racelands) so I ended up only tapping their exhaust and it put holes in my bumper.

Drop on Racelands & Homedepot lip + I found the pieces on broken bumper so I pushed them in and epoxied the back of the bumper so it stayed in place. I then put the license plate back in the middle.

Replaced stock shifter spring and pivot ball with ktuned. DOES ANYONE ELSE have a problem where the bolt comes out after awhile of driving (left and right shifter motion)?

THIS BOLT

Recently sold my spacers, picked up some Av21's 17x9 +35 (I had to custom fab 4mm spacer because it hit the left trailing arm) Bought some foglights. Ebay grill type-s badge (lol rice). 215/45/17 on the av21's btw

Currently waiting on sti vlip to replace current lip and a pair of 225/45/17's. Got a pair of Contiprocontacts ssr's for $60 each with 7/32 tread left (70%). Rear was worn out from camber when I didn't have camber kit so I only needed 2.

More to come..

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
looking good man.

its a hit or miss with the racelands from what i hear.

that faulty clutch would've gotten so depressed. welcome to the forums, and be sure to search before creating new threads. also introduce yourself in the Texas regional forums.

who is the girl? :shady: inb4leghumpingho

·
hella slow
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking good man.

its a hit or miss with the racelands from what i hear.

that faulty clutch would've gotten so depressed. welcome to the forums, and be sure to search before creating new threads. also introduce yourself in the Texas regional forums.

who is the girl? :shady: inb4leghumpingho
My girlfriend LOL :iptf:

Racelands have held up surprisingly well. :dontknow:
I don't track the car or anything except for the occasional spirited driving.
I bought the car at 126k for 9k
Racelands have been on since 128k and I am currently at 136,3xx
Front's are almost maxed, rougly an inch ish too go, but the backs can lower another 2-3

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
:thumbsup:

Sweet ride man! Keep up the good work
I think a rep charge speed lip would look good on your car. That should be in your budget range.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
just get the whole chargespeed kit. :shady:

·
hella slow
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Haha, I don't think ill be doing too much aesthetic stuff anymore. I might change my shift knob because my Mugen one gets hot during the summer and possibly get my seats upholstered with a black jersey fabric in the middle and keep the leather on the sides. Hearing quotes for about 250-350 to do that.

I wanna do some engine mode like I/Rh/E and ktuner reflash, but I can't do that till I'm 18 as my father doesn't want me to "ruin" the car.
But my senior year of high school should be easy so I might stick to my 3 days of work and save up for car parts ;D. I'm still 16 too haha, so about a year and a half to go till 18.

Anyone know what my Av21's are reps of? Could find the "legit" version of my rims, but to me, rims are rims, if they work , they work.

On a side note, ill be doing my stir v lip install and esmm install hopefully on the 22nd when I get back from seeing my mom.

Thinking about making a DIY 4inch intake
4inch 45 degree bend piping $25
3-4inch 90 degree bend hose $25
1525 sensor grommet $4
12mm Mini Filter $5
4inch filter $13
: $72 for a custom intake?

I already have a custom air inlet from the front grill to the intake box, ill just mod the current one to fit the new intake.
Should be interesting. Will keep posting if I do it.

·
hella slow
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First thing I did when I flew in today.

Driver side is slightly off. Gonna take better pictures tomorrow.
Might take it off and re try put it on and get it aligned better.

Also fixed my loose clutch pin, turns out I just need to rotate the pin till it fit inside the notch and then rotate it back so it would lock in.
Never saw it from the top angle I always look at it from.

·
hella slow
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Did Hondata intake mod and a comptech icebox style snorkel because I was bored. Feels more responsive to me, but definetly a ricey mod lol. :rotfl: :dontknow:

Order obx v2 header like 10 minutes ago also. Hopefully by this month I'll have esmm and headers in. Maybe by Christmas I have ktuner header reflash also . :D

I also went to stance nation this weekend. Honestly don't know if it was worth the 20 bucks. I've seen a lot of these cars at previous meets I've been too. :confused:

good to see a htown representer :fistbump:
Hell yeah man, rep the town of bad weather and sucky roads ��. Winter coming up though, can't wait for all that heatsoak to dissappear. :wavey: :deadhorse

1 - 20 of 84 Posts