Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a near stock 2004 EP3 wearing 205/55/16 Conti ExtremeContact DW on the stock rims (I know I should have gone wider but I needed tires asap, didn't have money for new rims, and was worried about 225s on the 6.5" rims). The car is strictly a daily driver, I have no racing ambitions nor am I into the whole crazy low, stanced nonsense. The plan is to order the ASpec kit and associated parts while I can still find one (Curry seems to be out). For road use and given a limited budget what other suspension and brake mods make the most sense/impact? I'm thinking probably wider, lower profile, tires (and perhaps wheels) but the Contis probably have another 20k left on them and I'll likely leave them on until they are worn out.
A beefier rear sway bar? RSX-S? Mugen? Either way not crazy money.
Bushings? OEM? Mugen? HardRace? I'm skeptical of the Energy Suspension poly bushings. Installation is daunting but at least the bushings aren't crazy money.
I'll probably need new brake pads before too long - Hawk HPS?
Since I'm not racing and not running substantially lowered I assume the K-MAC camber plates are unnecessary?
Is there anything else that has a reasonable cost:benefit for street use?

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's interesting - I called Joe a week ago today, ordered it, and drove over to Curry on Friday and picked up the kit there. It's being installed today, actually - did you talk to Joe directly? I think that he said that there were 3 that he could gets his hands on (I think including the one that I got). Maybe they got gobbled up? :dontknow:

Joe did say that the TL Aspec kit is dying quickly, but that the RSX kit was still available for the time being and shouldn't be a problem for a while. I'm about where you are, bought mine 3 weeks ago. I'd guess the sway bar would be the next step, though I'm doing more cosmetic things now myself.

I'd also look at shifter bushings and the Buddy Club short shifter if you're looking for DD fun. I'll be doing that at some point.

·
Registered
96 Posts
can't find

I'm interested in buying the kit , I tried the curry acura website but no luck.
Also, Only place I find it available is on ebay, the kit is for 05-06. Would this work?

I currently have hfp but sadly the front are gone

·
Registered
280 Posts
Curry does post the kit on ebay sometimes. It looks like one of the two current listings is theirs (the NY-based one), but I'm not sure; the name of the vendor isn't too descriptive.

And yes, the 05-06 kit is correct.

The easiest and best thing to do is just call them directly and talk to them. They're very easy to deal with, and I got it from them for 560 (picked it up directly, so no shipping $$), which is a little cheaper than the ebay listing (bought 4 months ago).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts