Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Life decided to toss me a lemon in the form of a pickup truck braking abruptly in front of me a few days ago. :dontknow: The driver was a ok, and his truck only had a few scratches on the rear bummper. My car happened to be on the shitty end of the brunt with the front end getting pretty beat up. Me being a broke college student, I had my insurance policy at a minimum so I wasn't able to make a claim for my vehicle.

So here I am with front end damage trying to see what the cost will be to repair. I had to rip the hood off by removing the hinges and disassembling the latch from with the engine bay with the hood over my head lol.

Links to photos: http://imgur.com/a/p5yRl

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
From what I can see, at the very least, you need to replace the radiator, hood hinge, headlights, and probably the hood latch and the T shape thing it bolts to. You might be able to reuse the AC condensor, or just leave it out completely and run the car without AC.
For repairs, maybe the fenders are repairable. I see some ripped spot welds. Those will have to be pulled straight and welded.
I am not an estimator and I don't work in a body shop, but I am going to guess you are looking at at least a few thousands.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
your best bet is to find a yard on car-part that has a whole car that was hit in the rear, tell them you need core support forward as well as the fenders.. proabably the cheapest way. i see 500 probably in parts not including shipping costs if you do it right. core support can still be bought new i believe. things like an already color matched hood, or fender can add some to the total. same thing with front bumper. but the parts you need to get everything straight again and functional shouldnt be that much.

then add 1500 in labor/paint if your not doing the work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I appreciate the advice.

When I brought the car into my garage, there was a really loud vacuum sound coming out of the engine bay and there was a really dank rotten egg like smell, maybe a mixture of something else too. The car had very little power as well. I'm no expert, but I assume it may have to do the exhaust system?

I won't have time to look until Friday so any suggestions to look would help tremendously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts