Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owners CRSX username is Cap'n Jambz.

I have PM-ed him for the info but it seems he doesn't get on much. I was wondering if you all knew his method to get his shift boot top to sit so flush w/ the voodoo knob?
I thought perhaps just zip tied it to the knob but there is no notch in the knob to keep the zip tie from sliding down. I'm at a loss. Perhaps there is a method I'm not familiar with.

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean like this:

Big O-ring and a rubber band. O-ring is big enough to hold the boot up and the rubber band keeps the O-ring from sliding off the knob. Has worked well for 3 years on my car.
Thanks Low. Yea like that. Not to be rude but what is an O ring? I guess I should ask do I just go to a lowes or home depot and ask for an O-ring? And if so what size is yours?
Thanks in advance. I'd buy the CRSX adapter but it sticks up alot past the leather boot. I'm not really feelin that look.

·
550whpRSX <3's me
1,320 Posts
Honestly it was just an o-ring I had laying around lol.

Take the knob into Home Depot or whatever box store and get an o-ring that will expand the overall diameter by about 1/4".

o-ring is a rubber ring used for sealing things, like the battery section of a mag-light.

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly it was just an o-ring I had laying around lol.

Take the knob into Home Depot or whatever box store and get an o-ring that will expand the overall diameter by about 1/4".

o-ring is a rubber ring used for sealing things, like the battery section of a mag-light.
Perfect, I know exactly what you mean. Thank you for your help.

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Ambulance Driver
903 Posts
Mine sit's flush like that, got a grommet from Autozone and zip tied the end of the shift boot to it and pushed it up against the knob. :) Cheap ftw.

·
Retired RSX'er
460 Posts
Yeah, I've done the same thing in the past with a grommet. I like the way I have it now, though (shift boot adapter/zip tie.)

·
Vtak goes Bahhhh
966 Posts
I have the CRSX adaptor, and knob, but to be honest I like the look of that better^^ where the boot goes all the way to the bottom of the knob (rather than having that nut looking thing exposed on the crsx knob)

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
get a 1/2in grommet at home depot, they're in the electrical section. It'll help keep the boot up but to raise it up further like that you'll need something to go in between the grommet and knob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts